• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

spmdr's latest activity

• spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread Alpine Engine Bay to Scan.
    Have you contacted sunbeam specialties? they should have a pretty good handle on where the bodies are buried in the Bay area. ... :)...
  • spmdr
    ....I guess I should mention I'm an old guy who has been told I have a vision color deficiency in the brown/ red spectrum. some...
  • spmdr
    The name is My description, more or less. I read "Chianti" somewhere associated with the cars. It may have come from Corb Flick. I...
    • LoveBugAlpine02.JPG
  • spmdr
    Here is how the car was bought in '16. I didn't take the time to dig up an early left side brace. I tripped over the correct right...
    • P1060865.JPG
  • spmdr
    With most of my retied-kick-back effort being lavished on the "Weekend Racer" Alpine, the "Love Bug" Alpine has been neglected, both...
    • P1060823.JPG
    • P1060831.JPG
    • P1060830.JPG
    • P1060829.JPG
    • LoveBugAlpine01.jpg
    • photo 2.JPG
    • P1070346.JPG
    • P1070344.JPG
    • P1060820.JPG
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread Unknown camshaft.
    Most of the time it is difficult to measure Max lobe lift accurately without a fixture, IF the cam is just loose/uninstalled. Most...
  • spmdr
    I have replaced the Valve springs and plan to test this Saturday. The event is the LA Shelby Club at the Streets of Willow April 27...
  • spmdr
    I finally changed the valve springs on the Weekend Racer Alpine. I concluded I clearly had WAY less spring pressure than I needed. But...
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread Unknown camshaft.
    Can you expand on "run bad" ? ....inquiring minds and all... Also, how did you measure the lobe lift? DW
  • spmdr
    This could go in the Stock world.... but NEEDS to be done to a Race Engine. In the past, there has been quite a bit of discussion...
    • IMG_20240416_161613217.jpg
    • IMG_20240416_160006688.jpg
    • IMG_20240417_144413860.jpg
    • IMG_20240416_161746373.jpg
    • IMG_20240416_171743901.jpg
  • spmdr
    Looking at the Dyno results reminds me of another possible weak link. The questionable valve springs. I have my sights on some...
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread A-Arm Bushing FAILURE.
    Here is one example of a lower pin compared with stock. I have used different material shapes and dimensions, over the years. Bushings...
    • pins3.jpg
    • high res pins1.jpg
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread A-Arm Bushing FAILURE.
    Back when I was rebuilding Street car front ends (1990s) , ALL of the parts were inconsistent, in availablity AND Quality. With the...
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread Diff oil.
    MK, On behalf of the syn cartel, just what do you have on them? :) ....or They on U.... :) DW
  • spmdr
    spmdr replied to the thread Hardtop color?.
    I painted Marie's Alpine Top body color for these reasons: -I live in So Cal, It gets HOT, Black is Hotter! -I painted the car...
    • IMG_20231115_122451759_HDR.jpg