• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by socorob

1. socorob

Sunbeam Series 2 Parts Car

Anyone near SE Louisiana interested in whats left of my parts car, let me know. I will probably let it go for a case of beer and you come trailer it off. If no takers, it will be going to the crusher soon. The floors are gone, it has engine short block, front suspension, rear...
  2. socorob

V6 Jose in Hospital

Best wishes for Jose!
  3. socorob

Socorob's Series II V6

Yeah I guess complete isn't the right word. I was hoping you were going with the duratec25.
  4. socorob

Socorob's Series II V6

Thanks! Unfortunately it's time I have to part with the Alpine. I will miss it a lot. It's almost complete, too. I was hoping to complete it but I don't have the time latey that's why I put it at a low starting bid. It needs carpet, some adjusting of the softtop, hardtop needs to be totally...
  5. socorob

Nissan in Alpine

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200028 Bill, here is a dual fan controller setup that I just got for my other car to control 2 speeds. It can be done with junk yard parts. I paid under $75 and got 2 fans(which you would probably need a different fan to fit), 2 Volvo controllers...
  6. socorob

Do or leave good enough alone?

I've put the alpine on hold for a bit.
  7. socorob

Do or leave good enough alone?

Definitely do it!
  8. socorob

V6,Body, Paint, Interior, Finished Photos

Very very nice. All that hard work paid off nicely.
  9. socorob

4 bbl FAST TBI question

I still haven't gotten to that yet. It' can be set up as a progressive 4 bbl so theoretically you can disconnect the secondaries and run it as a 2 bbl. you can change linkages on it to make it a double pumper style or secondary style. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to commit to the...
  10. socorob

Really big thank you to all

That's a really good color for it.
  11. socorob

Rocker repair/replacement opinions sought

If you google around, you can find better things than por15. There's a guy who has a website that did each of the 4 motor and drive mounts in the hull of his boat with a different product then had photos of them a year later. I think POR15 was the 3rd best. That's probably more extreme than it...
  12. socorob

Early series hard top rear window thickness

My rear window was homemade by someone and is too small for the opening. I need a new window and would prefer to buy one instead of making one. It would take a lot to make one.
  13. socorob

Early series hard top rear window thickness

Stripped down my top this weekend. I had to drill out a few screws that were seized, was not fun at all. I need to get 2 or 3 cracks welded up then sand it and start putting it back together. Has anyone tried the window from the aircraft place yet?
  14. socorob

Rocker repair/replacement opinions sought

I bought a few cans of eastwood internal frame coating and sprayed it into every crevice that little tube would go into. My car happens to be very rust free and I want to do what I can to keep it that way. The stuff is easy to use and hopefully works as advertised.
  15. socorob

Norway: Bridge across part of North Atlantic

There needs to be a sign that reads: Warning, if you attempt to drive a British car down this road, the sheer amount of salt water may rust it out from under you before you get to where you're headed!