• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by skistler

1. S

'67 SV Alpine for Sale - Durham, NC

I bought the Alpine that lovethecar references above and have been putting regular weekend miles on it after getting five new tires. It's a very original car in a rare color (turquoise blue metallic); some of the paint is original, I think. The motor has good compression and, after a tuning up...
  2. S

New Owner!

Thanks, Jim! And thanks Mike for the picture - the Milestars were on my short list, so that's very helpful. The other option I'm considering is the Uniroyal Tiger Paw in 175/70r13. In case it's helpful to others, here's my take of the stock-ish Alpine tire landscape circa fall 2021: Coker is...
  3. S

New Owner!

Thanks! Do you find that the 185s do ok on 4.5" rims?
  4. S

New Owner!

Thanks - thin whitewalls preferred, but not a must. What's more important to me is to keep the circumference as close to stock as possible as this car does not have overdrive and I don't want to lose any gearing by going to small. I didn't see those Maxxis MA1s anywhere but a Goggle search...
  5. S

New Owner!

Hi all, This weekend, I picked up an Alpine. I purchased a turquoise blue metallic 1967 Series 5 from forum members Mary Lynne and Phil (lovethecar); they had owned the car for the past 15 years. It's a good solid driver and, as far as I can tell at this point, largely original. This is not my...