• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by seriesvince

1. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Hi guys... she is SOLD, pending payment. Thanks!
  2. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Vasili- PM sent...
  3. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Thanks, Joe. I really will miss it... such a great little car. And... thanks for all YOUR help getting this thing to work :) I REALLY couldn't have done it with out you. I hope I can find a good home for it...
  4. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

It's with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell my Series IV GT V6. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore, and it just sits in the garage and collects dust. :( A bit of info about the car... It's a 2.8 L ford V6 with a t-5 installed using Joe's kit. The engine was...
  5. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

Thanks guys, but I think I have sourced a pair. I appreciate the responses!
  6. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

Really? I spoke with Rick at SS a few days ago and he told me they weren't being reproduced. Are we talking about the same part?
  7. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

I need a pair of these for my series IV. Does anyone have any in good condition? -Vince
  8. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Do you recommend using the same size washer and bending them over the edge as previously installed? Would a washer with a smaller outside diameter be more desirable, or is the bending necessary at all? Thanks.
  9. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Scratch that... Looks like I should replace the tabbed washers with hardened standard washers, not the locking type.
  10. seriesvince

Diff Noise

They all seem to be tight... I haven't taken a wrench to them yet... but I couldn't move them with my fingers at all.
  11. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks Tom. I was able to get to the diff last night using that technique. When I pulled it apart, everything seemed to look great. The bolts on the ring gear looked fine and I didn't see anything that looked like it would be doing any damage. I think I'm going to go ahead and replace...
  12. seriesvince

Diff Noise

So... after battling with the hubs for a week... my hub puller finally gave up and broke. I'm not sure what to do here. I can't seem to get this thing to budge. I'm contemplating pulling the whole rear axle assembly down and taking it in to a rear end shop. I don't particularly want to go...
  13. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks guys... looks like i'm pulling hubs this weekend. Hooray!
  14. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks for the info Jan. Unfortunately I don't have the time or funds to take this through a full overhaul right now. Could I get access to these bolts by taking the driveshaft down and removing the pinion housing from the front? Baslically, can I do this without taking the whole unit out of...
  15. seriesvince

Diff Noise

I haven't checked them since I have owned the car. I have only put about 100 miles on it since getting it on the road. What would one check for?