• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Scotty

1. Scotty

Series V Parts in Edmonds, WA 98020

I'm interested. How much plus shipping?
  2. Scotty

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods

Are there any plans out there for someone to make a batch of these?
  3. Scotty

Automatic trans. kickdown cable

Maybe these folks can make you one: https://shop.roverp6cars.com/KICKDOWN-CABLE-BW35-CUSTOM-MADE Description from site: KICK DOWN CABLE BW35 CUSTOM MADE P5 3000 ROVER PART 601374 FOR BW35 IN P5 3000 FOR P6 AND P5 3500 SEE THE FOLLOWING ROVER PART NO. 605403 for 3500 with BW 35 Gearbox...
  4. Scotty

Carb advice needed

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to explain this all to me. I'm still learning about the extent of the cars built by Rootes and find the ones I've seen or learned about to be pretty damn cool. I'm sorry if I came off as being a bit dumb.
  5. Scotty

Carb advice needed

The more I read on this board, the more I learn. I didn't even know this existed. Why did they use just a single carb on an engine that should at least have a deuce?
  6. Scotty

Carb advice needed

A 67 Alpine (Series V) should have a 1725 stock, which is a 1.7L. I've never seen just a one-barrel Stromberg on the Alpine, I bet it's a dog on just that alone... Electric fuel pump? How much psi is it putting out?
  7. Scotty

Bumper bolt issue

Thank you for mentioning the last part. I checked just out of paranoid and its welded pretty good in there. You made me think of something similar that I had to deal with years ago and the thought almost gave me a panic attack lol. How 'deep' is this nut? I thought about switching to a metric...
  8. Scotty

Bumper bolt issue

Here’s a fun one for y’all (not for me tho lol) So one of my bolt towers at some point got crushed in and the po wended it together and until now seemed fine, it would hold a bolt but not tighten all the way. I’m using 1/2-20 and upped it to 1/2-13 to help grip better but even that’s when it...
  9. Scotty

1967 Sunbeam parts car, $500. I also have a 2.8L Cologne and the Dan Riichardson conversion kit. Under separate post.

This makes me wish I had more space at my place. Feh... What's the story behind the windshield frame and glass in one of the pics? Never seen one like that before. Absolutely immaculate.
  10. Scotty

Dashboard switch installation

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JWB52DG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  11. Scotty

Tire Recommendations 13”

Ironman GR906 185/70R13 Dogging the living hell out of them and am quite pleased.
  12. Scotty

SV Speedometer input 'screw' size?

Hi folks! Anyone know what the size of the outside 'screw' on the back of the Speedo that the cable screws onto is? I picked up a set of replica Smiths gauges from India (that Speedo 'screw-on' is M18x1.5) and I'd ideally like to adapt it to the speedo cable I got. I'll post a pic when I'm...
  13. Scotty

There's no accounting for ______.

This car will now and forever be known as THE SCHNOZZ!!
  14. Scotty

Distributor and drive dog

Tach Drive on Ebay
  15. Scotty

No spark frustration

Start simple. Test the spark plug wires and distributor cap. If they're not getting spark, there you go.