• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Ron67Alpine

1. Ron67Alpine

S5 Brake Booster Repair Kit

I did buy one, but the "consumable" part I needed wasn't in the kit. The "leather?" diaphragm, was totally eaten up. Ended up taking the booster totally out and replacing the master cylinder, so I didn't need it.
  2. Ron67Alpine

Valve Adjustment

Thanks for the replies and discussion. I'm essentially building a "new" engine. I got a NOS block from SS and had the head rebuilt w/the vizard mod. So I'm pretty sure the valve stem top is in good shape. I've pulled the rocker assembly off, quite a few times recently, 1 more time won't make...
  3. Ron67Alpine

Valve Adjustment

Thanks, Dan, Beam and Jim. I appreciate the replies. Yeah, Jim, I think you may have had it too tight. Only want it tightened until you feel a slight drag. 65Beam did you mean 0,010 and 0.012 in, instead of 0.012 and 0.014?
  4. Ron67Alpine

Valve Adjustment

Thanks for the old thread, it answered my question about how hot is hot and adjusting the valves 4 at a time. It was mentioned above a technique for adjusting them, while engine is running. Unfortunately the link is dead. I learned a technique, for this, in the 70's while keeping 60's junkers...
  5. Ron67Alpine

Back-up light switch

Thanks Ken. For some reason I was looking for it, on the shift housing, around the shift lever.
  6. Ron67Alpine

Back-up light switch

I must be getting senile or blind. I had no problem finding where the back-up light wires plugged into the trans switch, when I rewired my SV. I remember them still being hooked up, when I removed the trans, for my engine rebuild. Now, for the life of me, I cannot find where the wires plug in...
  7. Ron67Alpine

"Wheeler Dealers" TV show

Thanks, good to know, I haven't missed it, yet.
  8. Ron67Alpine

"Wheeler Dealers" TV show

wheeler dealer Alpine I've seen the commercial too, been wondering when the episode will be on in the US. Any more word?
  9. Ron67Alpine

new shows - Sunbeam on Overhaulin' Nov. 4th

I was disappointed. 1 it was a Tiger not Alpine, 2 other than a bunch of repairing previous bad bodywork, a "cobra" repaint and some nice interior work, nothing new was done on motor or suspension, not even a rollbar. And they bought their parts from Victoria British. I've seen some much nicer...
  10. Ron67Alpine

Overhauling (Velocity channel) Tiger

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Overhaulin' is doing a Tiger build. November 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI3RyK3Oj2s&feature=youtu.be
  11. Ron67Alpine

Gas tank cleaning

Wrap it up in a blanket so it won't move and stuff into clothes dryer...just don't let wife know. Better to do when she's shopping.
  12. Ron67Alpine

window winder inserts

I think I got those from Sunbeam Specialties.
  13. Ron67Alpine

Good News

So glad your wife is doing well and the Sun is shinning in you life again.
  14. Ron67Alpine

Tiger on TV

Am I the only one that caught the new "Counting Cars" show the other day? There was a guy w/a 67 Tiger, Danny wanted to buy. He seemed pretty hot for it. Is the owner 1 of our members? Ron
  15. Ron67Alpine

Body Shop recommendation in Baltimore MD area for welding in floors?

Hi Paul, I only have Blair's personal phone # and don't like to put that out on the net, for any spaming. If you could send me an email I'd be happy to send you his contact info. Sorry, if this sounds peculiar, but w/all the black hat hackers and spammers out there I just don't feel safe...