• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by roger

1. roger

motolita hub, adapter

hi all . I just got a motolita steering wheel and need an adapter for my alpine.Dont know size of steering rod or how many splines but seems maybe another british car would be the same.Any ideas?
  2. roger

oil pressure sender

well, i got my 2.8 v6 sv running down the road first time last week. Long awaited exciting ride. Now for all the tweaks and adjustments.I do have an annoying leak at oil pressure sender fitting. It seems the threads in block are straight and all the adapters are npt. am i right? I was thinking...
  3. roger

powerspark cologne distributor

my problem is a cardone rebuilt distributor thats junk so need to buy a working one anyway.Then the coil and plug wires all have to match up.It just seems for 150 bucks i get a simple matching system thats new.
  4. roger

powerspark cologne distributor

hi all. Has anyone used this powerspark distributor and coil sold in uk? Its made for the cologne 2.8 v6 , no ignition box , and a resin coil with no ballast required.electronics all in distributor.I am having aproblem with chinese duraspark 2 boxes. I did find a manual on detailed testing of...
  5. roger

Head mount motor mounts for SB Ford V8

getting one from comp cams .thanks again
  6. roger

Head mount motor mounts for SB Ford V8

jim, can i call you with some 2.8 cam questions, danr said you got him straight on cam
  7. roger

Words Fail Me

wow, yeah, thats....thats.....
  8. roger

Is it worth it?

congrats.you'll learn a lot of things that'll be useful for life.
  9. roger

cam bearings clocked?

found pieces of silver shiny soft metal that fell onto cam bearing after taking cam out.a small piece of metal was also in bearing hole that goes to the crank.now the driver side hole is clear. pass. side has a slight moon shape covering hole, like 10 percent.any thoughts?
  10. roger

cam bearings clocked?

well , found metal in oil hole after cam taken out.shiny, soft silver dot size of oil hole fell on cam bearing as i took it out.It was above cam bearing. few little pieces in oil hole coming up from bottom of engine too. id like to blow air up from wherever.im thinking put oil pan on filled with...
  11. roger

cam bearings clocked?

delta cams in seattle got cam, supposed to be '83-'85 bronco 2 cam which they supplied. my invoice says part#765-sp-hp cant find that # anywhere.heads off engine on floor, taking cam out tomorrow .where and what make bearings with that updated oil groove?
  12. roger

cam bearings clocked?

machine shop installed cam bearings
  13. roger

cam bearings clocked?

head gaskets on right
  14. roger

head gasket leaking ?

passages for oil from rocker shaft to passage at top of block to cam bearing all dry.Pulling engine .I did find one rocker shaft had end notch pointing up and spun all rockers and standoffs to get notch down.holes in shaft are top and bottom so dont know why notch cant be up also. irrelevant to...
  15. roger

cam bearings clocked?

i did prime engine and got 60 psi oil press., no oil to rockers.oil pump shaft installed.I have v6 jose cam in 1974 mustand2 block, compatable?