• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by RobinRob

1. RobinRob

Reliable mechanic to replace transmission

Thanks for the tip! Will call them.
  2. RobinRob

Thanks Jerry! You are taking good care us us and Maxine (our car)
  3. RobinRob

Hello! We live in Bellingham and are looking for a mechanic to do the work of replacing our transmission. We have the transmission (rebuilt of course, this one with overdrive) for our 1960 Alpine Series I. We will transport the car to the location. Does anyone have experience with...
  4. RobinRob

Hello & How Maxine came to be with me...

Ha Ha! Thanks for the insider knowledge - I will let him know. :)
  5. RobinRob

Thanks Jim! I'm so happy to have found Maxine too. My husband (aka MadMax - for Maxine) joined SAOCA so he could get in and learn from the masters. He owns a 1969 Porsche 912 and has worked on it always. Now he's mumbling about the house that he doesn't understand British cars... I have...
  6. RobinRob

I love this story! You definitely made their day and I bet they will talk about those moments - the honeymoon and the revisit in your car - for a long time to come.
  7. RobinRob

Welllllll, maybe not this year, but definitely will put it on the list for the future! I'd love to hear more Max stories. He sounds like quite a guy.
  8. RobinRob

My longing for a beautiful convertible started as a little girl with my Little Kiddle dolls who had a sporty yellow convertible. Over the years I refined my desire to the beautiful lines of the Sunbeam Alpine 1960-63 (love the curved window hardtop and those tail fins).... and then it happened...
  9. RobinRob

HAPPIEST! My 1960 Alpine Series I is now in my garage. :-)

HAPPIEST! My 1960 Alpine Series I is now in my garage. :-)
  10. RobinRob

Want to buy- 1960-1963 Alpine with Hardtop (Series 1 or 2)

I certainly will stay in touch! There is so much to learn and you all have been very generous with thoughts and ideas. Thank you!
  11. RobinRob

Mike, your daughter is a VERY lucky young woman. It sounds like a fabulous Sunbeam!
  12. RobinRob

Well, Great News, everyone! It looks like I've found a great match. This is a beautiful Sunbeam and I am looking forward to taking good care of it - and driving it - for many years to come. Thank you so very much for your help and suggestions. More to come once I have the car with me!
  13. RobinRob

Hmmm - looks like it needs some work for sure.
  14. RobinRob

Hmmm - rust never rests, right?
  15. RobinRob

Wow! Very interesting! Your series 2 sounds like a hearty project for sure. I love the idea, but since my husband is the chief mechanic and I am the newbie apprentice, I better check with him to see how he feels about a big project car like yours.