• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by rnimares

1. R

Normal operating temperature

running to cold HI Tom: the thermostat is stamped with 180 Degrees. Thanks, Rick
  2. R

Normal operating temperature

I just recently had my radiator re cored and added an electric fan to kicking when temps. go above 190 degrees. The problem I have now is that car will heat up while idling but as soon as I start driving the car the temp will go down to 120 degrees. the only suggestion I have received so far...
  3. R

15,000 Mile Alpine on eBay

When I brought my Series IV Alpine from a crook (sorry,Person) on ebay, I was told that is only have 58,000 on the odometer with a picture of the odometer showing the mileage. When the car finally arrived, I open to trunk to find many old parts that had been replaced, including the original...
  4. R

electric radiator fan

HI Tom: Replaced theromstat in my alpine yesterday, (found out that there was no Thermostat in car) with a 180 degree and the problem of low temp was solved. Car ran between 170 and 180 and idled up to 190 before electric fan kicked in. So your idea of going with a higher thermostat sounds...
  5. R

electric radiator fan

Chuck: Thanks for getting back to me, the water gage seems to be working, The engine is running strong, Can't figure why it is running so much cooler unless the gage and/or sensor is off. Funny that the gage would increase while the car is at idol, could the colder weather have that much of an...
  6. R

electric radiator fan

Recore Radiator and insalled Elec. Fan Just got finish installing my recore radiator and a elec. fan. My Series IV was running hot (220 - 250 degrees) before. it now runs around 120 to 130 degrees (outside temp. approx. 58 degrees) but will heat up at an idle to over 170 degrees, takes about...
  7. R

electric radiator fan

HI Tom: I purchase the fan from British Victoria Model#2-7765 with thermostat control switch. installing was easily except when putting radiator back into car, very tight fix, fan located in front of radiator, thus pushing air through. Haven't had a chance to test since weather in northern...
  8. R

electric radiator fan

HI NIckodell: Yes, a diagram would be great, Thanks, Rick
  9. R

electric radiator fan

Hey Nickodell, just wanted to say thanks for the info. on installing an electric fan. information was very useful. Thanks, Rick
  10. R

electric radiator fan

HI Nickodell: You had answered a question I had on the installation of an electric fan, so I writing you to pick your brain again. How do I tap into the electrical system to hook the fan up. I have a Series IV postive ground. Thanks in advance for your help Rick
  11. R

electric radiator fan

Electric Fan installation getting ready to install the electric fan, where and how should I connect it. I have a series IV Positive ground. I also have a questions concerning the installation of new horns. When I hook up one horn it works fine, but when I install the second horn my Generator...
  12. R

Runaway horn

Horn troubles Just received two new horns for my Series IV. The old horns were to far gone to try and repair. When I attached one new horn and try it, it worked fine. When I attached the second horn the generator light came on even with the key turn off. Any idea's what the problem maybe...
  13. R

V6 Performance?

Question, do you have to change transmission and rear end if you install a V6? Rick
  14. R

electric radiator fan

Thanks for the quick reply. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but do you attached the fan to the front of the radiator, or to the metal housing in front of the radiator? Rick
  15. R

electric radiator fan

mounting electric Fan Just brought an electric fan for my Series IV, planning on mounting in front of Radiator. do you have to remove the Radiator in order to install. Let me know how you have done this install. Thanks, Rick