• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by rixter

1. rixter

Carb advice needed

Hi, It looks like you have the CDSE carb. I am not suggesting you retain that arrangement, but having used the twin version of those Strombergs on my Alpine 5 for years I may be able to provide some info and photos. I have a few of them off my car as well. Where exactly is the leak coming from...
  2. rixter

What is this seal for?

Yes.
  3. rixter

What is this seal for?

Yup. Check out profile of part # WS111 (Convertible rear seal) in the Classic Sunbeam catalog or AT63 in the Sunbeam Specialties catalog. Rick
  4. rixter

Need 2 locating plates for SV front brake flex hose fittings

My recollection (and from my notes I just checked), was that the brake hoses from SS didn't fit in the hex opening, so I had to omit the part and use two wrenches when attaching the hose to the support bracket. Note in the WSM diagram you posted that this part is "omitted in some cases". I...
  5. rixter

Gas leak crossover pipe connectors

These can be a real pain to install new ones as many have found out. They are a tight fit on the pipes and it is difficult to get your hands around the hose to slide to connect them. Among other ideas I've seen, my method was to smear some Marvel Mystery oil on the center pipe ends then slide on...
  6. rixter

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

Rick, Who is the re-chromer in rural Texas?
  7. rixter

What is it?

My guess is going to be an alternator bracket for a Ford Mustang...
  8. rixter

Top stowage series v

The straps arrangement was explained to me as shown in the photos below, so I assume that is how they work to hold up the soft top boot cover. They rivet to the wall that the soft top boot attaches to. The front edge of the drape should have a plastic/rubber piece attached that has a groove in...
  9. rixter

Dan, Do tell... who did your chroming? l
  10. rixter

Hello, Anyone obtained the stainless bumpers from Vietnam recently? https://www.ebay.com/itm/394939793325?mkcid=16&;mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rulkijstqw2&sssrc=2380676&ssuid=rulkijstqw2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY The last quote I got a couple years ago for chrome work on bumpers...
  11. rixter

Heater Control Valve Repair

Nice ! There are at least two issues with these valves.. they separate at the side tube fitting or the end with the plunger pops off. Further, they are not practically internally serviceable due to the plunger end mounting method. Jan's solution appears to address both. I also fabricated a...
  12. rixter

looking for a good wiring diagram for a series 5

Check out the nice collection of docs that Mike Hartman put together.... http://wp.mhartman.net/home/cars/sunbeam/alpine/info Rick
  13. rixter

Stromberg gushing

This is how bad it was with the carb on my series 5 (with later Stromberg CDSE), when I first got my car. In my case I had to do a full cleaning of the tanks, the lines and carbs as they were loaded with debris. Rick
  14. rixter

Tiger Advertised florida.......Beware

Where is the misleading... it clearly says "Tigar" in the listing, not Tiger. Ha ha.
  15. rixter

Spade connectors.

Did you try British Wiring? They list 3/8", which is very close to 10 mm. Rick