• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by philt

1. philt

67 Alpine Nashville TN

NEW PRICE! Just found another car I want...my Alpine is now $11,000. Still a very nice , no issues driver located near Nashville TN
  2. philt

67 Alpine Nashville TN

My error, asking $12,000
  3. philt

67 Alpine Nashville TN

REDUCED PRICE. Asking $1200 . Just got the bill from the machine shop for my next project. Need to sell this one.
  4. philt

67 Alpine Nashville TN

Nicely sorted and recently refurbished "67 Alpine for sale in the Nashville area. As a long time Alpine and Tiger guy I stumbled across this one while hunting another car. Shiney white with few signs of wear, black interior is near new, very nice top with tonneau and cockpit cover. Modern sound...
  5. philt

Windshield wiper motor "67 replacement

Yep spoke with John, installed the replacement unit today. Good service, will buy there again.
  6. philt

Windshield wiper motor "67 replacement

After a rebuild and a trip to a small engine repair shop, the wiper motor core on my 67 is pronounced as"fried". Anyone refer to a source or have a OEM for a replacement? Phil in Nashville pwtrusty@yahoo.com
  7. philt

"67 Alpine clutch master cylinder

$60.00 + shipping sounds fair enough . How do I pay you? Just curious, did you isolate the clutch problem ? Ship to Phil Trusty 343 Pebblebrook Dr Ashland City, TN 37015
  8. philt

Thanks Hello buck, how much for your clutch master cylinder? Phil Trusty pwtrusty@yahoo.com
  9. philt

Replacing the clutch slave and master cylinder . The slave was available but the master ..no luck with he usual source. Speedwaymotors.com has several universals that may work. I have not yet pulled the m/c for a measurement of the bore . Anyone happen to recall the bore size ? I am tempted to...
  10. philt

Jaeger Voltmeters

Hello Jim, Yep I need one of the VOLTS gauge for my S5 at the $95.oo USD. How do we complete this transaction? BTW are the tachs original hybrid ( electronics and mechanical) or newer all electronics? pwtrusty@yahoo.com Phil Trusty 343 Pebblebrook Dr Ashland City, Tennessee, USA 37015
  11. philt

Jaeger Voltmeters

Jim, My recently acquired 67 Alpine came to me with a non stock Smiths "Battery" gauge which has gone from intermittent to consistently inop. I checked the charging system and it is working..so do you still have any of the Smith Volts gauges, preferable with the numbers above the arch but...
  12. philt

WTB Battery condition Gauge

The gauge in the picture provided by Paul is exactly what is in my car. Will be reaching out for a similar replacement if only to keep the wiring the same. Others wise I guess a Smith Volt gauge with the numbers on top of the arch was likely original. Phil T
  13. philt

WTB Battery condition Gauge

My 67 Alpine continues with its little surprises. Currently has a Battery Condition gauge that is intermittent. Charging system checks out so lets replace this . Not much concerned about be exactly correct 'Volts" meter since this is a driver not a "points " car. Where can I find a replacement...
  14. philt

Source for a "Improved" harmonic balancer for a '67

Many thanks for the advice. Special accolades to puff for that gee-or-gous engine build. So bring the maintenance up to speed on this recent buy means a bit of a learning curve. Had not owned a Alpine for about six years and a bit of re-education was expected. Bought the CNC cover from what was...
  15. philt

Source for a "Improved" harmonic balancer for a '67

In the process of replacing the timing cover on my "67. Got a neat CNC re[placement from SS. Getting the Jaw nut off the balancer has been a issue ( thanks to members puff4 and RootsRooter) for the guidance. Now my usual parts source say that the "Improved Harmonic balancer" ( without grooves...