• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by phatt

1. P

SV rubber door buffers

Thanks for the help. I also did not pay $60 as the first pair was on buy it now for $28. I wish I had known about SS but Rick doesn't let anyone know unless you ask. He also needs to update his online catalogue as to content and price. Paul
  2. P

SV rubber door buffers

As I am sure many of you know by now a gentleman on ebay is selling Sunbeam rubber door buffers. I bought a pair and am very happy with them. However, I am embarrassed to say that I don't know exactly where they go. I have searched previous threads and while they are mentioned there is no in...
  3. P

England, Britain, UK? - this will make it simple

Actually Nick it is a question I have been trying to find an answer for for over twenty years. One of the catch phrases of the American revolution was "no taxation without representation". Did the founding fathers really want that? I believe not. The leaders of the revolution were not idiots...
  4. P

England, Britain, UK? - this will make it simple

Here's a serious question that I believe you might actually know the answer to. How many members were there in the house of commons in 1770? Thanks, Paul:)
  5. P

Gorgeous day for a drive

Snow And in beautiful central California, sunshine and 60 degrees. We get our punishment in the summer and its 110 in the shade. I really admire all of you who live in snow country. I hate snow and I've never lived in it. I can stand in my front yard and see tons of the white stuff on the...
  6. P

In case you missed these

mortal coil Great post Nick. Paul
  7. P

Gorgeous day for a drive

Sunny California In sunny central California it rained all day. No joy for the Alpine. Paul:(
  8. P

Portholes

I believe the hardtop in the picture is a Royal Coachman. On the West coast we had Snug Top. Paul
  9. P

Ground zero mosque - a British opinion

1. Let them build it. 2. Fill it with Muslims. 3. Blow it up. By the way, how can they build it without an American construction company? Are we so in search of the dollar that an American company would agree to do this? How about the bureau that grants permits? What should we do with...
  10. P

West Coast Invasion??

The Pacific Northwest would be great also. However, if we were to have it in Vancouver would we need passports? Paul
  11. P

West Coast Invasion??

Phoenix in the spring or fall would be great. If you have never been to the desert it has its own beauty. How far is Phoenix from the Grand Canyon. If you have never seen that you should. Paul
  12. P

Rear axle

You need a hub puller. Sunbeam Specialties used to have one they let out for the cost of the shipping both ways. Give Rick a call tomorrow and see if he still has it. :)Paul
  13. P

Stabilizer Installation

I had a dickens of a time getting mine in also. I finally had to drag my son over which helped a lot. Used jacks, Clamps, and vice grips. Use lots of patience and if you find yourself getting frustrated take a break:cool:. This is not a fun job. You'll get it eventually, hang in there. Good...
  14. P

Shift boot

I had a boot retainer ring made at a machine shop. I think they used a cnc. I had previously spoken with Rick at length about this, and he thinks that at some time the opening was made larger with a larger boot. These are not available any more. The ring is beautiful and fits the boot like a...
  15. P

GED Answers submitted

Ha! I had almost forgotten why I retired from teaching. (some students don't try to take the GED, they cant spell it! Paul:eek: