• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Peter macdonald

1. P

Australian to visit May-June

My wife & I will be visiting the US & Canada. Would very much like to meet some alpine owners. My car is a SV GT. Member of the Victorian (Melbourne) Sunbeam car Club. We will be visiting Dallas May 12-18. Edmonton May 28 till Jun 4. Los Angeles June 7-9th. Regards Peter.
  2. P

Rear view mirror

Internal Mirror Having had the new glass cut to a tight fit I used double sided adhesive tape. Regards peter.
  3. P

Trunk (Boot) Hinge dis-assembly

You must drive out the groved end, not all the way through. Carefull examination will tell you which end it is. Regards Peter.
  4. P

stitch pattern on alpine series IV door

SV GT Door Pattern Gents, I have a SV GT it has the same door format as a Tiger. with the impressed lines in the fabric. It was not clear to me what finish was on the fabric the Tiger has Pebble pattern. I have purchased from SS pre made panels in Longhorn pattern. I may have doubts but they do...
  5. P

Miata Seats for Alpine

MX5 the way to go Back problems, they are gone. Mx5 seats fit so well. You can use one of the existing floor mount, weld a captive 3/8" nut. I drilled the floor for 2 other mounts. Using 1" box section across the rear for elevation with tab welded on for the 4th bolt. Two hour drives are a...
  6. P

Tacho needle removal

Re instruments I have just remover all my gauges cleaned the glass and lightly painted all the needles with painted from a model boat/plane shop. Very economical in the small tins of paint. Regards Peter