• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by NorCal

1. NorCal

3.5L alpine hits the road

I wish I had 1/2 your skills. Well done sir.
  2. NorCal

Trick to install top weatherstripping?

hmmm, wondering if I should replace the screws with something flatter of modify the rubber before gluing in place.
  3. NorCal

Thanks all
  4. NorCal

Is it supposed to fit in the channel between the screws and stay in place? Do I just need a healthy amount of weatherstripping adhesive to keep it in place?
  5. NorCal

1965 Sunbeam ALGER for sale on BAT

From the FAQ Sellers pay a $99 listing fee, with the option to add our Plus photo service for an additional $250. There are no other seller fees on BaT. Buyers pay a 5% fee on top of the final sale price to BaT, with a minimum of $250, and capped at $5,000.
  6. NorCal

1965 Sunbeam ALGER for sale on BAT

I was in the final bidding, but with the fees and shipping from FL to CA, I dropped out. Sold for $16K.
  7. NorCal

Identifying 2.8 vs 2.6

This was a sign for me on the front of the intake on my 2.6.
  8. NorCal

Decision: upgrade to a 2.8, install 289, or sell car

I had checked it and adjusted it at one point while I was debugging the motor, which turned out to be a worn out disti, but never came back to it.
  9. NorCal

Well, a bit embarrassing. It was a easy fix. The carb was only being opened 1/2 way at full throttle. Now that I get all the ponies, it is running as I had expected. I definitely want a V8/manual Alpine or starter Tiger, but I’ll enjoy this car the way it is and decide to paint it or not.
  10. NorCal

I decided on another option. Take the car to a real mechanic for a second opinion, which I did today. He drove it around the block and he said it feels like your exhaust is completely plugged up. He is going to unbolt at the headers and take it around the block again.....should know tomorrow...
  11. NorCal

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

It’s the stock Capri rear/gearing. Pretty high ratio as by 60 mph it’s humming.
  12. NorCal

Well, that could be the issue.; there is just not a lot hp/torque to be had out of that motor. I've owned a 6 cylinder '73 TR6, '63 AH3000 that would cream this car. My '64 Falcon Convertible I had with a 1bbl 6 cylinder / auto may give it a race.
  13. NorCal

Thank you for the reply. I could always retain the spacer if required. to answer your questions. - the carb is fully opened when the pedal is on the floor. - I have driven with the air cleaner removed with similar results. - it uses ‘73 Capri engine, trans, rear -185/55/15 on the tires. - good...
  14. NorCal

Is very one running a 4bbl intake / carb?
  15. NorCal

I know the 38/38 has both butterflies of the carbs directly linked, where the 32/36 one side is progressive. The way the intake is I needed the 90 degree adapter to make sure all 6 cylinders got fuel. I am thinking with the 38/38, this wouldn't be needed. Is anyone running the 38/38?