• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by NedD

1. NedD

Quickjack

Thanks Andrew, while I'm also curious where you positioned the lifting blocks, you've answered my main question. QJ and Costco have these on sale this week so I've been trying to decide whether to get one.
  2. NedD

Quickjack

Andrew, did the 5000TL fit between the front and rear wheels on your car? Or do you have to position the lifts inboard of the tires to get clearance?
  3. NedD

Wilwood Brakes, Panasports, and Wheel Hub Bores

That's good to hear. By your lack of further detail can I assume you had no issue with the Panasports fitting with the Wildwood hubs?
  4. NedD

Wilwood Brakes, Panasports, and Wheel Hub Bores

Seeking advice from those who have installed Wilwood brake kit on your Tiger or Alpine. I'm selecting new wheels and upgrading to 15" partly to allow upgrade to bigger brakes in the future. Looking at the Wilwood fitment diagram (attached) it appears the wheels need a hub bore greater than...
  5. NedD

Convertible Top Pivot Arms: Interference Fit

After complete disassembly, a good cleaning and a little correction of a slightly bent arm the pivot assemblies are back in working order. Thanks again for the guidance!
  6. NedD

Thanks Michael, Tom and Dan. Once again the depth of knowledge on this forum is impressive. You've given me a fast education on how this mechanism SHOULD work although I'm sure to have follow-up questions as I get deeper into this task. Initial examination of the alignment to the window looks...
  7. NedD

Progressing on to the convertible top in the resurrection of my Series I Tiger. As shown in the two attached photos I've circled where the pivot arm brackets rub against their housing as you bring the top up and down. The PO says he always had trouble getting the top all the way down because of...
  8. NedD

Is any of this an original interior?

Thanks everyone for responding to this thread. Once again the Alpine/Tiger community comes through. This information is very helpful in my understanding of what is/isn't stock on the upholstery of my Tiger (#616 as Warren referred to it). I'm impressed with the details you were able to...
  9. NedD

Tiger air cleaner subsitute

After examining stock Tigers at the Tigers United concours and the local Cars & Coffee I realized a 1" spacer under the carb works fine with my cast iron Ford intake manifold and Holley 4-bbl, if I used a stock air cleaner housing with a 1 1/2" filter element. Going to the 1" spacer gave me...
  10. NedD

Thanks for the offer. I haven't done full inventory yet of what's missing and fitting these doors is a ways down on the to-do list. The doors themselves are fine, including the locking mechanism on the main door. But the seals are bad and all the attachment/pivot hardware seems to be missing...
  11. NedD

Thanks Sunalp. This being stock interior materials, I'll work to retain it. I call this effort a "resurrection" rather than a "restoration". It's my goal to have a safe, dependable car but not aim for showroom quality. She is almost 60 years old and entitled to gracefully show her age...
  12. NedD

Hey Alpine/Tiger experts, I'm trying to determine what parts of this interior are original, if any. This is an early Series I Tiger (B9470616) still in its original Embassy Black paint. The seats are obviously not original, having been re-upholstered by a previous owner back in the early...
  13. NedD

Thanks Warren. I'm near Sacramento. The 1/2" spacer was made of an old plastic material. The vacuum fitting was part of the spacer, not threaded into it. I broke it off by accident and the whole spacer was ruined. Not repairable. For family reasons I need to get the car on the road this...
  14. NedD

Hi Warren, My answer is a long one....... This whole scenario started when I broke the vacuum port off the old 1/2" spacer that's on the car while fitting a new PCV hose. So I'm walking my way into an expensive solution to fix my screw-up changing $5 worth of PCV hose! I can't find a...
  15. NedD

Resurrecting this thread to re-ask the OP's original question: what are the dimensions of the factory AC air filter? I need Length, Width, Total height including the mounting flange on the bottom and Height of your filter element. Could someone who has one measure it for me? I'm trying to...