• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Mod_Squad!

1. M

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

I think I got most of that stumble/hesitation out with the last distributor. I'll let you know for sure when I get it running again. :-)
  2. M

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

I'm thinking that it is a 3/4" MC. It might be a 5/8". I know I had to modify the clevis/pushrod from the old to the new. I'll try to look at it this weekend. I think I've put around 30-35K on the car easily (not sure as I've never hooked up the speedo/odo). Been across the country a few times...
  3. M

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

Dan, I used Jose's kit to put a 2.8 V6 with a T5 from a Mustang 5.0 in about 12 years ago. I used a Tilton hydraulic throw out bearing set up. At the moment I'm not sure if I have a bad master cylinder or the Tilton has gone bad. Whatever it is, I have no clutch.
  4. M

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

Hey Jose, I sure hope I can, it would be great to see you again. Yeah, that's a great price for the intake. I hope someone in the Alpine world buys it. I need to get the hydraulic throw out bearing issue resolved. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze that project in. :-) Take Care, Bryan
  5. M

Offy 4V intake for 2.8

Used Offenhauser Intake http://www.ebay.com/itm/Offenhauser-Dual-Port-6096-Manifold-w-6097T-4-BBL-Top-Ford-V6-2-8-ltr-1974-up-/162421439357?hash=item25d1127b7d:g:w6IAAOSw32lYvgtf&vxp=mtr
  6. M

Finished Build Photos

That color is great with those cosmics too. That was the scheme I was originally going to go with (wish I would have now :-) ). Beautiful Alpine! Bryan
  7. M

One V6 Alpine steerin problem found!

Ha! I'm glad someone else experienced that and that they are safe :). Mine did that all the way from Boise, Idaho to Dayton, Ohio a few years back. There's nothing that accelerates the 'pucker factor' quicker than having the steering lock up on your maiden voyage as you're passing a convoy of...
  8. M

Recommended total advance for 2.8?

Nope. Not yet. I'll be regrounding everything in a week or so and fiddling with the distributor. I will update when it's running well...:)
  9. M

Still hate body work 3

That turned out really nice. I had thought about doing the same thing to mine when I started. I almost did it to my Karmann Ghia and Squareback too :).Like the other responder I also have a 67 Porsche but it's a 912 and the parts are definitely cheaper if you ask for VW. I know that the glass...
  10. M

Thanks Todd. Good points for sure. I've always been a little suspect about the ground in the car. Maybe I'll add some more ground at the engine and check the ground at the module too and see if that helps. Can't hurt, that's for sure. Thanks Bill :). You're right with the analysis. Hopefully I...
  11. M

Hi Bill, Yes the plugs are opened up to .044. I'll back them down to .030 and see what transpires. I just drove the car back to the office and I tried accelerating under a few different conditions with the same results. It craps out at around 3,000 rpms whether I punch it or ease into it. Once...
  12. M

O.K. I just double checked everything again....I'm dialed in at 12 deg BTDC statically, with the vac advance disconnected. I then dialed in the timing light to 36 deg BTDC and revved the engine up to about 3500 rpm's and I was only making it up to about 33-34 deg BTDC. I'm fairly certain that...
  13. M

Thanks Bill. I'll double check my gap. I just put in new plugs. I was running some cool Bosch quad-tipped platinums or Titaniums or somesuch and they looked OK when I pulled them. I had already bought some new Bosch, not quad-tipped or awesome, and I just put those in. I'm guessing I may want to...
  14. M

Well, one of the early mechanics who scoped the car before I went to the dyno runs and/or replaced the dist, carb and coil was saying that the distributor was over advancing. I know absolutely nothing about distributors (in case nobody has surmised that by now :) ). When I took the last...
  15. M

Hey Jose, I was going through this same poor running a few years back, and the concensus back then was carb or distributor. I went through one dyno appointment and we ended up dialing in the timing by ear, on the street, running it down the block, adjust, repeat. Essentially the same as what I...