• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by MikeH

1. MikeH

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

I would also like a pair.
  2. MikeH

2.8 V6 Mutt II Bellhousings

Sent you a PM.
  3. MikeH

offy gaskets

I looked on Racer Walsh web site. They are out of stock on the manifold. And didn’t see a listing for the gasket.
  4. MikeH

offy gaskets

That’s the phone number for Offenhauser
  5. MikeH

Jose Headers Modified to straightback by DanR

Sorry, they are not chromed. They are ceramic coated in a titanium color finish.
  6. MikeH

My concern about the ceramic coating wasn’t for saving it, but if it would impact welding. What do you get for you headers that aren’t modified Jose headers?
  7. MikeH

Dan, I assume you’ve run both types of headers. If you have, have you noticed any appreciable difference in performance? My headers are ceramic coated. Would that be an issue if I decided to modify them. How much are your headers made from scratch (not converted Jose headers)?
  8. MikeH

Did this require new material or just the modifying of existing tubing? My headers have the ball flange at the end. Could the flange be incorporated? Could my headers be modified? Does the straight header cause any temperature issues on the oil filter or starter?
  9. MikeH

What Year, Model is this?

Is there a picture in post 1? All I see is a rectangle with a question mark in a blue square. You actually have it backwards. The head with the two exhaust ports has the Siamesed port. The second-generation Cologne V6 was introduced in 1974. It displaced 2.8 L; 170.4 cu in (2,792 cc) with a...
  10. MikeH

Disp. Config. Block Casting Code Block Part Number Years Cam Drive Comments 1.2 V4 1964-1967 Gears 1.3 V4 C 1969-1972 Gears 1.5 V4 A 1962-1972 Gears 1.7 V4 A 1962-1972 Gears 1.8 V6 1964-1967 Gears 2.0 V6 C 74TM6015DA 1970-80 Gears Used on many Capri in Continental...
  11. MikeH

The A in the pic would indicate it is a 2.6 Ford also had a 2.3 V6, which also had a block casting cod of A. Dan, I don’t see the pics you mention.
  12. MikeH

What casting numbers by distributor or on the heads? Post a pic. I believe the 6059 is just the Ford basic part number for a timing cover. It falls within the Engine Base Assembly group, 6000-6898. The TM might be for Truck/Performance vehicle. But the 72 does not follow Ford part number...
  13. MikeH

Mufffler preference for V6

Is anybody using Magnaflow mufflers? I am happy with them on other cars I have. Though both are V8 with a H-Pipe. Nice throaty sound when on it, quiet cruising. No drone.
  14. MikeH

2024 Calendar

Got my membership swag today. Very nice. Kudos!
  15. MikeH

Now I'm in for it.

As long as you got good penetration.