• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Mike Armstrong

1. M

Clutch kit for 77 Mustang II 2.8 V6

Heck, just abbreviated I suggested to type Phoenix Friction into Search, you’ll see several posts that include part numbers. I used that company for my V6 swap years ago and was very pleased.
  2. M

K, I’ll resend.
  3. M

buddy, I sent you a Private Message awhile back, did you receive it? Mike
  4. M

**1963 SUNBEAM - ALPINE ORIGINAL FAMILY OWNED ** CLEAN - $7,350

First off, congrats! The add was deleted before I could see any photos but if it’s as original as it sounds, which is such a rarity, I would recommend you first STOP!, for just a short while and think about any modifying to the originality of the car you might be contemplating. Cars are only...
  5. M

Hello & How Maxine came to be with me...

Great looking Alpine Robin. Your story reminded me of something that happened at a car show a couple months ago. I had my Mediterranean Blue 66’ Alpine on display when I noticed an older, rather frail looking couple appearing to be at least in they're 70’s standing near by and just staring at...
  6. M

V6 Alpine sold for $34,250.00 on B.A.T.

Good for Kelly. He put a ton of meticulous, professional work into that project and it was immaculate. A higher price than were used to seeing for a V6 Alpine but worth every penny to the new owner no doubt.
  7. M

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

Jim knows what he’s talking about and was instrumental in solving my carb issues. Though there are others that prefer a Weber setup, for a normally aspirated stock V6, in my own experience, I can recommend using a bolt on stock Holley...
  8. M

Hard Starting and hotter spark plugs

I know you said you checked the timing, but, though everything was new and checked, my car would not start and was slow to crank (new battery). Turned out the timing was actually off. I would have bet that it was dead on. Once corrected it cranked fast and started right up. I don’t remember if...
  9. M

Reviving dead paint

‘Nice! So glad you took the time and effort to do so, I too believe “It’s only original once” and decided to keep as much as I could original including the old paint. PO told me it sat for over 20yrs out in a field (dry desert climate with the hard top in place) and another 8yrs next to his barn...
  10. M

NOS chrome tail pipe??

Here ya go, pics of my 1966 SV original exhaust. First is an under carriage shot just after hauling the Alpine home. Second is of the full length of exhaust after having to cut it into sections in order to remove it. Third shows the last portion of the exhaust flipped over to show the...
  11. M

Halogen headlights

I like the Lucas PL’s. Very ‘foreign British sports car’ looking to me. https://photos.app.goo.gl/jPL7uSgsFX9wKHs8A *(Those are Harley Davidson headlight trim rings around forward positioned headlights to ‘streamline’ the appearance)
  12. M

Throttle Linkage on Carb

Really like this one from Moroso. Bolts right onto Holley carbs, two sets of springs for different tensions and dual spring for redundancy ...
  13. M

Emergencey Brake Equalizer rod/cable

That pic Mike shows of the rod intersection covered in white lube reminded me. After sitting for a few weeks with the emergency/parking brake applied, my rear drums were locked up. It was that binding point that was stuck fast. Make sure it’s well lubricated.
  14. M

Vacuum Can Adjuster

I like the way you think Jim :) ...... those Duraspark modules don’t have a reputation for lasting long (I’m on my second one) so switching over to something simpler and more reliable will be welcome, and, hopefully it’ll be the last component under the hood to sort out (well, for awhile ).
  15. M

Vacuum Can Adjuster

My Cardone dizzy came with an adjustable vacuum can, well, not adjustable enough. Turning an adjuster inside the can would not get me fewer than 14 degrees of advance. For my application, 8-10 degrees of advance is all that’s needed. The solution is to drill and tap a hole into the canister...