• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by MatthewTornetta

1. M

SII

Dad officially has it up. I have clearer pics than the ones he posted if needed. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/481289832943050/
  2. M

Deciding to not be those guys.

Teambuzzard@yahoo.com is my email. I can do photos through there. If you need info my dad is the one who talked to the owner when we purchased it back in the day. His email if JPTornetta@hotmail.com. Title the message Sunbeam Alpine.
  3. M

Story is that the car used to race a long time back.
  4. M

Those guys who say I’ll restore it someday and never do. We’ve dragged our feet since 89. It’s time to move on.
  5. M

So dad and I have decided it’s time to let the Alpine go. While not officially for sale yet it will be soon. We are pulling everything out to know all that is there. These pics are the start to give people an idea.
  6. M

New guy here

Several good ideas. I will most likely start with sanding to get the majority then go the Pho acid as a prep for primer. It’ll be a slow process in my off time. Also I was asked my location. I’m just south of McGuire AFB/Ft. Dix. Almost smack dab in the center of the state. An hour east of...
  7. M

New guy here

When I don into rust repair I’ll have to learn lead so that it matches .
  8. M

New guy here

Maybe my confusion comes from the title being for a RHD car. I can’t remember having any others in the family. Oh well. Maybe as I dig through more old paperwork I’ll find more info.
  9. M

New guy here

I’ve cleaned the area the best I can. No number so I’ll agree that the data plate is probably this car and the title and engine came from a parts car.
  10. M

New guy here

One of the things this car had that I liked was the flip style fuel cap and not the screw style.
  11. M

New guy here

I also have a small problem now. I found what I thought to be the title. It’s number matches the engine I have but not the data plate. B9116960RR0. I’m all confused now. I’ll finish with the pics though.
  12. M

New guy here

Here is a start
  13. M

New guy here

When I get home from work I’ll go literally dig stuff off of the car. I’ll do my best to get some pics. While I vaguely remember the previous owner say something about the car having been raced in the past I was only like 12 at the time. It has steel doors and bonnet so I don’t think it was a...