• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by martin

1. M

Steve Jobs and the Alpine

Good story. Thanks for posting.
  2. M

London flyover seen from Lancaster bomber

Thanks for posting the vid. The lancaster and a Spitfire flew over my house a few weeks ago. Very low too. Was a very nice treat. I've never got around to seeing the World's best display team in real life. Must put that on my bucket list.
  3. M

UK Craigslist Tiger - Cheap!

These sort of sales were happening a short while back on a site called classiccarsforsale.co.uk. Always a rare classic at a cheap price with photos that are obviously taken in the US but were listed as being in London. Us guys over here aren't going to have any problems because we would want to...
  4. M

Thieves among us

I too would like to apologise for the behaviour of one of my Countrymen. This happens on car forums in the UK occasionally. Most forums have rules to reduce the likelihood of this happening like only members and not forum users can sell or buy items and advise people not to buy from newly...
  5. M

V8 Alpine

Pics?, price?
  6. M

Yippee! 90mph legal in Britain!

It's going to be nice but nothing compared to the Autobahns in Germany. I've legally done 140mph on those. :) You really do get places in a hurry but cars get thirsty at that speed and with petrol costing a fortune right now....:eek::eek:
  7. M

Missing me yet?

He can throw a ball? I thought he needed someone to help him dress.
  8. M

Never forgive. Never forget.

Some great stuff in this thread. The towers calapsed because steel loses the majority of it's strength when heated to the temperature of burning kerosene so the structure where the fire was could no longer support the weight of the tower above it. It's as simple as that. Things like the...
  9. M

first in flight

http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/planetruth.html
  10. M

1967 Tiger Wanted

Not originally he didn't. The MK11 bit has been edited in.
  11. M

thank you

Being involved in the running of an internet forum and club is a thankless task. No matter what you do, someone disagrees with it, most of your efforts are not noticed or recognised. It is a hard job. I don't know what has happened to prompt this as I was most probably asleep but the whole idea...