• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by lord_rootes

1. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Thanks to everyone for their help. My garage has located a camshaft with the same part no. as mine. Cheers, Alan
  2. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Great, thank you!
  3. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Thanks, good point!
  4. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Never mind. I can see a part no. on the EBay listing and it doesn’t match either number.
  5. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Hi again. I’ve got a lead on a camshaft from a Sunbeam Alpine fastback. I see that the part no for a Series V camshaft is 1235930 s/d by 1239455. Anybody have a part no for a fastback Alpine camshaft? Thanks, Alan
  6. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Thanks, Al. My crankshaft is apparently beyond re grinding hence my search for another one. Hopefully one will turn up here.
  7. lord_rootes

Camshaft Needed

Hi folks, I am in need of a camshaft in good condition for a 1725 engine. If anyone has one to spare I would sure appreciate hearing from you. I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada Thanks, Alan
  8. lord_rootes

Steering column shroud wanted

Hi George, I was just going to post that I managed to get one today from a fellow club member. Thank you very much for the offer. Alan
  9. lord_rootes

Steering column shroud wanted

Hi folks, I'm looking for a steering column shroud for a Series V if anyone has an extra they'd like to part with. PM me with price if you have one for sale. Thanks, Alan
  10. lord_rootes

Engine For Sale

Hi folks, I am in the process of moving house and downsizing which means I have to get rid of a rebuilt 1592 engine that I have. I had this engine professionally rebuilt back in 2009 or so when it was in my Series II Alpine. I put about 3,000 miles on the engine and then sold the car. The fellow...
  11. lord_rootes

Trunk lock assembly wanted

Hi folks, Just to let you know, I was able to find a trunk lock. Thanks to all who responded.
  12. lord_rootes

Trunk lock assembly wanted

Hi folks, I am in need of a new trunk lock for my Series V Alpine. Anyone have one in good condition they’d like to sell? Thanks, Alan
  13. lord_rootes

Weatherstripping

Thanks, I think I'll try that route first. Alan
  14. lord_rootes

Weatherstripping

Thanks, I did that with my Rapier but it's a different type of w/s than the Alpine has but it is a definite possibility here as well. My fear is it would still lift but would bring both the clip and the w/s. Might be worth a try though. As far as the old clips go most of them were missing...
  15. lord_rootes

Weatherstripping

Hi Bill, Are you saying that you clamp the w/s and the Alpine clips from below to hold them both in place or just clamp the actual w/s itself? Thanks, Alan