• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by londoner

1. londoner

Brake Master push rod

Thats great. Thanks as always
  2. londoner

Brake Master push rod

Putting a new brake master in my series 2. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the sliding sleeve and if it needs to be captured by a wider circlup which it seems to show in the workshop manual?? Many thanks
  3. londoner

Series 2 pressure plate

Great. Thanks guys!
  4. londoner

Series 2 pressure plate

I am getting ready to install my rebuilt engine in my series 2. I am installing the nos pressure plate to the flywheel. I have the bolts but also these two straps. Wondered where they go?? Could not see them in the manual? Thanks
  5. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks. Would you recommend the roller type over the graphite?
  6. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks Mike. Looks like I should get a new one. Where did you pick that up from?
  7. londoner

Clutch install series 2

I had a real run around trying to find a company to do the resurface of the pressure plate. The guy in long Island had a rebuilt one in stock but was around 600 with shipping. I bought one on ebay. Looks identical but was made by Quinton Hazell. Its a nos hoping it works out!! There's also a uk...
  8. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Hi Steve. Its the original. Doesn't look too bad. I'll take picture this weekend. Unfortunately I moved the car to NH but I work on Cape cod during the week. I am using the original gearbox as there's not much left in the kitty after paying for the engine. Which came out great run in and...
  9. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I suspected. The flywheel has been done by the engine builders. I wondered if I should change out the roller bearing as well? The original carbon one is in place at the moment. Thanks again. John
  10. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Hello and Happy New Year! I finally have my original series 2 engine back from the engine builders. Before I put it back in the car I am looking for advice regarding the pressure plate. I have 2 units to choose from (see pictures) The one with the white stamp is original to the car but has some...
  11. londoner

Series 2 Headers

There is some on ebay for $160 with shipping. Would that work for you?
  12. londoner

Series 2 Headers

They look good! How much do you want for them ? All the best John
  13. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Hi. Do you have any pictures??
  14. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Thats great thanks. They are tricky to find!