• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Lester

1. Lester

Wanted series I , II ,III

Series III for sale My numbers matching, '63 series III is for sale. I've finally decided to let her go. I have been wanting to restore it for 7 years. Sat in a pole barn, not a rust bucket but needs body work (old bondo chipping out) and new floors. A new battery and distributor and she'd be...
  2. Lester

Octane Magazine

Sorry guys... as a bond nut, I have to correct this. "Q" is the gadget guru. "M" is the Director of MI6. I share your frustration with the lack of attention given to the Alpine as the 1st Bond car.
  3. Lester

Distributor Rebuilder

Thanks! I'll give him a call; I want mine rebuilt stock.
  4. Lester

No spark!

I think I'll put stock equipment back in there...give that a go. Thanks for all of your input. If I do buy another electronic ignition, I'll wait until I know what is going on with my car first. Many thanks, Lester
  5. Lester

October 5th -7th Hallet, Oklahoma

I'd love to...we'll see. I will most likely be working into the weekend. Any Alpine's racing? best, lester
  6. Lester

No spark!

Thanks for the reply...What about stock-style condensors and points. I see they are available. Are they any good? I just do know if I want to invest in a replacement electronic system. Any thoughts? thanks again, lester
  7. Lester

No spark!

Makes sense to me. So what does everyone else use? Stock equipment? many thanks
  8. Lester

No spark!

Hi all, Been a while since I've posted. It's been a busy summer. Now, I'm not getting any spark in my S3. It just cranks and cranks. I was wondering if any of you have the Crane cams XR700 electronic ignition. It was put in by a PO. The light on it no longer comes on. I did reverse...
  9. Lester

British Car Show In Oklahoma City

I'm really looking forward to this show, and to meeting you fellow Sunbeamers! I'm disapointed that I couldn't make it the Invasion. Work is just too busy right now. I am getting back to my weekend ritual of tending the car and trying to get her running again. If she is running, she will be...
  10. Lester

British Car Show In Oklahoma City

I'm coming to this one. For sure! It's been ages (2 months or so) since I've tinkered with my S3. Anyways, I'll be there.
  11. Lester

A British Car Show in Oklahoma

I am still coming, but the alpine is road-worthy.
  12. Lester

A British Car Show in Oklahoma

I'll be there.
  13. Lester

All British Car Day In Dallas

I look forward to meeting you and your series 2. -Lester
  14. Lester

All British Car Day In Dallas

I will be there, sans alpine. What car(s) will you have there? -Lester
  15. Lester

Differential leak?

Thanks all. I hope I don't get in that far, just yet. I want at least one summer before I fully strip it down. But if I have to, you can bet I'll be back for more of that great advice. If it is only seeping small amounts of fluid around the filler plug bolt and the immediate area, but is not...