• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by kiwichris

1. K

Got her running

So I thought I’d try to see if the 61 I purchased recently that had been parked in a barn for 25 years would start. Starter motor pinion was stuck, freed that up and it cranked over. Put a ser of points in her, poured a bit of gas down the carbs and cranked her over. To my surprise she fired...
  2. K

61 alpine complete running gear for sale

Wow not a lot then, is it worth trying to get it running??!
  3. K

Also is this where the engine number should be cos I’m not seeing a number
  4. K

The vin starts with B910....?
  5. K

I’ll get you some pics. It does turn over by hand right now and it “ ran when parked” as they say. Price wise I’m really not sure what these are worth. Hit me with a price that is good for you and fair for me. I’d like to see it get used. Also it appears this car may be a series 1. I thought...
  6. K

...where Wretched Excess is only a starting point...

Oh I hear ya. That’s why I said flirting. Trouble is the more people say it can’t be done the more I want to do it..... Im going to have a Coyote engine in the shop for a cougar conversion I’m doing so I’ll be taking a long hard look at that re the alpine
  7. K

Rookie question

Are you saying the Tiger had IRS like the jag and corvette???
  8. K

Got it home!

Got it home and did a quick clean out. Found this stuff buried in the trunk, appears I have two sets of door window frames and a hand crank handle?????? The (last pic)
  9. K

Rookie question

Ahhh no, if I want an anchor that bad I’ll buy a boat
  10. K

Rookie question

Are they 400 hp strong.
  11. K

...where Wretched Excess is only a starting point...

I’m flirting with the idea of using a coyote motor.......
  12. K

Wire wheel knock offs ??

Thanks for the info.
  13. K

Rookie question

Ok that makes sense. I’m learning Think I may go with a Ford 8” narrowed to suit