• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jzuk7

1. J

Radiator Elect Fans

I used a Spal pusher fan placed in front of the radiator. I think it is a 12 inch fan. When I first installed it, it was controlled by a thermo switch that would turn on at 190 degrees. The switch was a cheap one from ebay and lasted about 2 months. Now the fan is controlled with a switch on...
  2. J

will the Rota RB 15X6 +25 offset with 195/60's fit an alpine

Yokohama S drive, and ordered them through Discount Tire. I don't think those tires are made anymore.
  3. J

will the Rota RB 15X6 +25 offset with 195/60's fit an alpine

I went through the same dilemma last spring. I have Rota RBs on my SV. For the front I have 15x6 +20 with 185/55 R 15 tires. On the rears I have 15x7 +30 with 205/5 r15 tires. The front tires and rims fit with no issues. The rears needed a 1/4 spacer, otherwise the rear tires rubbed on the...
  4. J

fuel pump safety switch

This is pretty much the same set up as I have. Except I have the pressure switch close to the engine block. Dan I see that your set up is much better as I looks much easier to remove the switch. Since I have the switch so close to the engine, I may have to lift the engine a few inches to...
  5. J

fuel pump safety switch

I'm using an oil pressure switch to shut off the fuel pump when the engine stops. It is installed on a T fitting at the oil pressure gauge fitting. Today I noticed a large oil leak at the pressure switch. I've never been a fan of this set up as the switch is in a hard to reach location, and...
  6. J

Rota RB wheels

Just to follow up on this thread. I finally decided to buy the Rota RB wheels for my SV. Today I got 185/55s on the front and 205/50s on the rear. Everything fit great. I don't know if the front valence was trimmed or not. The car has the stock rear axle. The front rims are 15x6 offset 20...
  7. J

Dash redo on a budget

Speed Hut gauges. The speedo is electronic that runs off the T-5 speed sensor. My t-5 came from an early 2000s mustang and did not have the speedometer cable.
  8. J

Dash redo on a budget

My series 5 had the plastic dash, which was cracked. I got a sheet of burl walnut veneer from ebay for about $50, and glued it to the plastic dash. I used a semi-gloss spar urethane. The lower vinyl pad and cover I got from Sunbeam Specialites for about $25. The plastic surround on the...
  9. J

Rota RB wheels

Thank you! Is your Ford rear end the same distance from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface as a stock rear end? I should've clarified my question. Has anyone tried the Rota wheels in the ebay ad and do they fit?
  10. J

Rota RB wheels

I’m planning or getting a new set of wheels for my SV and I like the look of Rota’s RB 15 inch wheels. I’ve seen a few thread discussing wheel offset, but I can’t a definitive answer. I’d like to go with a 15x6 wheel in front and a 15x7 for the rear. Has anyone put these wheels on their car and...
  11. J

Series 5 window glass

Yesterday I broke the glass on the passenger side door. I posted a thread on the wanted section for a replacement. For a series 5, what other series windows will fit? Will a drivers side door glass fit on the passenger side? Has anyone had a window made for their car? I have no idea what...
  12. J

Series 5 window

Yesterday I broke my passenger side window glass on my series 5. So I am wondering if anyone has one to sell. Thanks, Joel
  13. J

carburetor switch

I used the 2150 carb that was on the donor 1977 Mustang II with the 2.8. It is the 1.08 bore and as far as I can tell, it came from the factory with that carb. My car runs very good with that set up and was easy to rebuild and adjust.
  14. J

Series II Dual cylinder master cylinder conversion

To me the pedal feels fine. With that being said, I don't remember what size bore I replaced, and I've never had power brakes on this car. From what others have said, the only 3/4 bore MC that will work with a V6 sunbeam is the Nissan F10, which are unavailable. This was the best option I...
  15. J

Series II Dual cylinder master cylinder conversion

I was going to use the Ford Courier MC, but I have a 2.8 and it does not appear to have enough room. The outlets are on the engine side and close to the valve covers. So I used an MC for a 1985 Hyundai Pony, which has the outlets on top. and is 13/16 inch bore. Rockauto has them for around...