• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

jumpinjan's latest activity

• jumpinjan
    Then the seat bottoms were covered:
    • seat_bottoms copy.jpg
  • jumpinjan
    The seat bottom frames. Bead blasted, epoxy primed, Nason A-E top coated Jan
    • seat_bottoms.jpg
  • jumpinjan
    I finished upholstering the 1967 Sunbeam Alpine bucket seats this morning. The owner Brian Shults (TippCity OH) will be here for a...
    • Alpine seats copy72.jpg
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Clutch won't disengage.
    Make sure the two alignment pins are in place between engine block & bellhousing. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread Diff oil with Like Like.
    I use SAE 80W-90 GL-5 gear oil in my differential - specifically the Lucas brand, which says it is designed for hypoid gears.
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Diff oil.
    Get some oil that is recommended for hypoid differentials. You want an oil that says API Services GL-5. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Clutch won't disengage.
    I think something is in a bind, like maybe the pilot bushing & input shaft and the mating surfaces of engine block & bellhousing.. I...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Gas Tank Repair/Sealant.
    The inside surface of the tanks need to be cleaned to bare metal. In Cincinnati, there's a metal cleaning business (originally it was a...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Heater Valve.
    I have taken a few apart and you can't fix them. The problem is the rubber seal (looks like a diagram) that seals the small control rod...
  • jumpinjan
    It looks like it has the early HLM knee bolsters on the doors Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Door hinge renew.
    I don't remember the hardness of the drill rod that I used. I bought the drill rod & drill & reamer all from McMaster-Carr. I drill &...
  • jumpinjan
    The new holes are a precision sized hole using a drill then reamed to within 0.001" of the diameter. The pin material needs to be...
  • jumpinjan
    Most of the pins will NOT come out with heat or whatever. I repair mine using drill rod as the new pin and drill & ream the hole. These...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    Hmm, you see a spark across the points? If so, that might be a heavy load the points are seeing. Like a low primary resistance in the...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Front end Alignment.
    I did the alignment on my Tiger using the affordable alignment tools I bought from Summit. There is NO shop that will touch an old car...