• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by JR66

1. J

V6 Bell Housing

Dan, Thanks! It was a big help to know what the thread should be because the threads were buggered up some & none of my bolts would start in. Knowing that it should be 6 mm I was able to force start the 6 mm and chased the threads okay with the bolt. Ideally a tap would have been better but I...
  2. J

V6 Bell Housing

Thanks Dan. BTW I didn't remove them because I got bell housing, plate, etc. all separately as parts.
  3. J

V6 Bell Housing

Three blind holes, two at the bottom & one on the side. I noticed them when I had the block plate off to straighten a bend and noticed the matching holes in the plate. They're accessible when the bell housing is installed.
  4. J

V6 Bell Housing

There are three holes that appear to be tapped into the 2.8 L V6 bell housing that look like they would allow better securing of the block cover to the bottom of the bell housing. Does anyone know the thread? Looks coarse. None of my spare bolts seem to fit, metric or not. Not a big deal but...
  5. J

Hardtop color?

Since you asked... Using the two photos posted by ernestovumbles as examples (both gorgeous of course), I vote for black. Nice contrast and balances with the black sidewall tires below.
  6. J

Wiper motor 2 speed wiring

Maybe you can get some helpful info from the Series V wiring diagram since Series V used 2 speed wipers. You can go to Home, Tech Data, Electrical Components & Download wiring diagram.
  7. J

Tunnel Modifications

Thanks, photos are very helpful. I don't know if I can do as nice a job as this but I'll give it a go!
  8. J

Tunnel Modifications

The MG boot seems good for mounting on top of the tunnel. I think DanR shows this in his recommendations too. But if the eBay shifter large ring with stops is located outside under the top of the tunnel, shouldn't I have some kind of rubber seal right on the large ring to minimize chance of...
  9. J

Tunnel Modifications

Thanks Bill, that's helpful. I guess I'll try to position the top tunnel cover about ½ inch or so above the large round section of the shifter assembly. I want to find or adapt a lower boot that I can put on the shifter similar to what was on the original T5. The OD looks too large to use the...
  10. J

Tunnel Modifications

Series V 2.8 liter V6 with T5 and Dan R's install parts. I did the tunnel widening & have engine & transmission temporarily installed. Ready to start rebuilding the tunnel and could use some advice from the experienced. Someone on the forum a while ago recommended replacing the shifter so I...
  11. J

looking for a good wiring diagram for a series 5

alpine wiring diagram.pdf available on this site
  12. J

1964 SUNBEAM BRAKES - MASTER CYL

Another comment about replacing old brake hoses. When I was replacing one of my original hoses I had one end disconnected & open and I put some heat on the metal fitting on the other end to loosen it and the hose blew up. It seemed ok on the outside but was completely blocked somewhere inside...
  13. J

Loading pictures

Also, when you want to look at an image that is already posted make sure you double click on it to see it larger size and clearer. Consider the one in the post to be like a so-called thumbnail image.
  14. J

Door rubber gasket - which direction to install?

A little difficult to see in the photo but flat side of the longer lip is what contacts the body so it makes more sense when you see the actual part installed. Also when installed this way it shouldn't make the door hard to close.
  15. J

Door rubber gasket - which direction to install?

Series V original owner. Untouched door seals. jumpinjan is correct. Longer lip contacts body when door is closed.