• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by JonPiz

1. JonPiz

cantrails for SII. what do they look like when installed?

You are more than welcome to have a look through my photos which has them somewhere https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoCiI0akwn6PhaZbI5EoS4r4ihOlgQ
  2. Series IV Auto and V 1980 Exmoor UK

Series IV Auto and V 1980 Exmoor UK

Mine and my friends first Alpines
  3. JonPiz

Whining noise

I get a whining noise when driving but when you come off the gas it goes. Is this the rear end or the gearbox. Its a series 2 with non-overdrive gearbox (no syncro on 1st)
  4. JonPiz

Recommendation for wiring harness

re I totally recommend Pauls wiring harness. I'm useless at auto electrics but it was so easy to fit with every wire marked as to where it should go. The quality of the wire was also better than what we use in the UK.
  5. JonPiz

Clutch keeps going soft

The clutch hydraulics are all new but something is at fault. The clutch is bled correctly and the slave is fitted with the bleed screw at the top however, the pedal needs pumping a few times to get pressure to open the clutch. Is it the master or the slave that's faulty?
  6. JonPiz

jet help

Just finished the and have a 32/36 DGV. The car ticks over just fine but the engine stalls when accelerating unless the choke is out. Which jets do I need to change?
  7. JonPiz

Strangest eBay ad ever!

re I replied to the ad "Hi I am Lana Turners love child after her affair with Tony Curtis FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD ACTOR. I saw the car and would like to claim my half of the proceeds of the sale please. I am happy to take a lie detector but you will have to pay for it and my share will increase...
  8. JonPiz

Trunk spare wheel strap fitting wanted

re Thanks for that tip Ken. I had a look on amazon and found some nice stainless steel ones with the same hole centres which wil do the job perfectly.
  9. JonPiz

Trunk spare wheel strap fitting wanted

Im after a small bracket part 258 in the attached diagram. The strap that holds the spare wheel in place in the series 1&2 goes through this bracket to hold he wheel tightly in place. It attaches to the trunk floor by two small bolts.
  10. JonPiz

Rear bumper/trunk lock access

re the spacers were made from aluminium and over time they corroded and fell apart. They are about 1" long. Easy part to make
  11. JonPiz

Mechanical Tacho

re I changed mine to an electronic one from a later model. Not original but more accurate and no noise from the cable drive.
  12. JonPiz

Series II front end suspension parts

re http://www.speedyspares.co.uk
  13. JonPiz

Paint - Finally.

re rubber If you want to know where to get the rubber a bit cheaper COH Baines here in the UK manufactures it. The ref if IRS1574EP (page 35 of the catalogue). Email Diane there and Im sure she will send you a sample but I can assure you it is the original and probably supply a few of the...
  14. JonPiz

Trunk pictures

Does anyone have some pictures that show how the jack and wheel brace fit in the trunk of a series 2 please.