• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by john p

1. J

More series 1-2 parts

I've got commitments on the tonnaues, rubber mats and possible one convertible top frame. I've got some added parts to list; original ignition switch with keys $25 Early turn signal - nob at the end is there but discolored $35 triangular plates that fit just...
  2. J

More series 1-2 parts

Detroit, Michigan
  3. J

Installing convertible top

Anyone able to recommend a good source for a convertible top, series 1. Also, are they difficult install yourself?
  4. J

More series 1-2 parts

I'm sorting my stash. I have a series 1 trans if anyone needs it. Free if you pick it up. I have two series 1 convertible top frames. $50 each. Two tonneau covers; these look like originals. One needs a new zipper. One is complete but needs a cleaning. The one that needs a zipper is free...
  5. J

Carbs leaking

Thanks for the quick responses
  6. J

Carbs leaking

I think I'm talking about something different. There are brass nuts under the float bowels. They are leaking. I pulled one out. It's threaded and has an o ring in the middle. Both leak badly
  7. J

Carbs leaking

I think I'm talking about something different. There are brass nuts under the float bowels. They are leaking. I pulled one out. It's threaded and has an o ring in the middle. Both leak badly
  8. J

Carbs leaking

These are the zenith down drafts. Mine must be missing the compression fits. Is there a source for them without buying an entire rebuild kit?
  9. J

Carbs leaking

I started my series 1 today for the first time since it's back together. Carbs are both leaking from the brass nut under the front side. These are zeniths. Is the an o ring that seals these from leaking?
  10. J

Series I parts

I'm in the Detroit area
  11. J

Series I parts

I'm getting ready to shed some series I parts that I've accumulated over several years. Here's my initial list of what I have and suggested prices; Series I-II hardtop shell without trim but in good restorable condition $125 Series I-II seat shells (2) $40 for both Series...
  12. J

Interior trim sources

I'm getting ready to purchase an interiorfor my series 1. The car is black so I'm planning on a red interior wit black piping. Is there a vendor who carries the right color red?
  13. J

Carpet and upholstery kits

Anyone have a recommendation for the best source for carpet and upholstery kits for series 1? I know SS has them as do others. Are they all the same or does each supplier have their own source? I'm looking to redo a red interior in an embassy black car. I have no worthwhile color samples and I'd...
  14. J

Series 1 rear window seal to take trim

Does anyone make a rear window seal that takes the trip? I have complete trip and I'd like to use it.
  15. J

Judson Se Dee?

Bought a series 1 parts car. Mounted to the firewall is a Judson SeDee. Seems to be ignition related. Anyone know what this is?