• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Joe-dick

1. J

I installed a catalytic converter on my Miata powered series 2

You're smoother running is likely due to more accurate feedback from the O2 sensor rather than a change in exhaust flow or pressure. The cat is a pretty effective muffler though. Ages ago I had a customer come in with a full size late seventies Pontiac. Someone had removed the catalytic...
  2. J

Before a button up clutch question

You've already gotten the correct answer to your question, but I thought in the interest of edification I'd add the 'why'. Your pressure plate is a "Diaphragm" style in which the fingers you see radiating out from center are all part of a one piece dish (the diaphragm) whose outer rim supplies...
  3. J

25 D distributer question

As stated above, the most common reason for running-on or 'dieseling' is throttles too far open/ high idle speed. I'm surprised that you said retarding the timing stopped the dieseling. Usually retarded timing requires larger throttle openings to maintain idle speed which exacerbates dieseling...
  4. J

Crimp vs solder

Typically auto connections are crimped to prevent vibration fatigue of the wire immediately adjacent to a solder joint. The solder is rigid and forces any wire movement, even at the vibration level, to be concentrated just where the solder ends. I always preferred solder joints because I knew...