• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jmthehermit

1. J

Free Series 4 Body Parts

automatic parts Dan, search the forum for info, click on the picture to view the album and check out pages 5 and 6, then contact me via email. Jeff
  2. J

Tiger door

Saw a tiger door for sale on ebay. $1200.
  3. J

What doors fit a SIV GT?

doors Mike, here is a shot of the two types. The GT is on the top with the ST on the bottom. Look for the tabs around the inside perimeter. These are also square cornered doors. Please note the placement of the window crank. The '64 is in a lower position than what would be on the the...
  4. J

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Here are three of my sending units. There is no wire wound anything in them, see picture 005 and 006. There is only a shaped metal bar, as seen in picture, that an arm slides on to give the variable resistance. Granted the newest of them is for a 1966 Tiger, and the oldest is from a 1963...
  5. J

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Thor 1211, google this..... S IV fuel tank removal saoca ...... and pick the second from the top. It's a long thread, but you will most likely need it in the future. Jeff
  6. J

Electrolytic Rust Removal

Jim, soda blasting is not aggressive enough to remove the rust down to bare metal. Dipping it will remove the rust but you will most likely have pin holes that will show through to the outside. Best bet is to remove the bottom 4 inches of the deck lid, treat the rust on the inside and coat...
  7. J

Wood Dash

Fred, follow the link and you'll see how they come apart. If the bezels are a little blemished, a sure fire way to polish them is to use a clean white athletic sock and some glass cleaner. Wet a portion of the sock and start rubbing the bezel. It's time consuming but it is a sit down job. I...
  8. J

Gorgeous day for a drive

It was 34 degrees here as I was clearing the 15 inch blanket of snow off my deck. Jeff
  9. J

W/S Wiper motor rubber mounts wanted

"...also welded the extra w/s wiper holes closed..." I hope you didn't close off the windshield washer holes.
  10. J

Sometimes it's better. . .

It seems the seller knows just enough to say it's a real tiger but he doesn't have the guts to supply a vin number. I think he's banking on somebody buying the pile of metal for the purpose of using the vin and JAL tag and making another fake tiger. Another thing it states it has a PA salvage...
  11. J

Tiger pulleys

I just pulled a crank pulley off one of my motors. It has a 6 inch diameter with a 1 5/8 inch depth. It has 3 bolt holes to attach it to the crank. There is NO part number on the pulley I have. I have one of my non Tiger pulleys for comparision and it is 1 inch deeper. Jeff
  12. J

East Coast Indoor Nationals (HotRods)

Well that's the second one I've seen. My friends dad has one he takes to shows that came out of a missile transporter. He likes to run it with straight pipes. I don't know how useful it is in a car because that V12 is a low rev motor and very heavy.
  13. J

automatic transmission

OK, I found my automatic brake pedal assembly tonight. I'm happy again. Here are the pics of my newest garage art. Jeff
  14. J

automatic transmission

Jon, thanks a lot for mentioning the brake pedal. Now it's going to drive me crazy till I find mine!!!! I know I have one, but it's been years since I've seen it. At least I know which garage to search. When I find it, I'll take a picture of it for my album. Then I'll hang it on the wall...
  15. J

automatic transmission

The automatic trans was introduced in 1964 behind the 1592 motor. If you want to switch to an automatic trans it would be easier to buy a whole car than try to piece together all the parts to convert a 4 speed car. The automatic Alpines had a lot of specific parts. The automatic cars had a...