• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jim E

1. Jim E

Oh My

Warren just to be clear no slight intended... I have owned a 2.8 and tinkred with a couple other V6 cars. they go like stink stupid fast well balanced. I have also played with a stock block Alpine or three that were nice movers.. sold a few Alpine motors that I built myself... once got a call...
  2. Jim E

1725cc Rebuild

the destroked motors always ran better IMO
  3. Jim E

1725cc Rebuild

once you get the tach how you want i would send the cam lifters and rockers to delta, unless you have a new oil pump and even if you do would lap it to close to zero then head work hardened valve seats at least a three angle vavle job and port work.. Leroy here in columbia knows these haads of...
  4. Jim E

Oh My

Warren while I am sure I will regret this... do you own an Alpine
  5. Jim E

Oh My

Pretty is pretty no matter her name
  6. Jim E

Oh My

Bill...much like a pretty girl yes
  7. Jim E

Oh My

well then I must be loosing my touch... these cars are just cars but they are mighty pretty... for a hair dresser... how can anyone say less
  8. Jim E

Oh My

do you all mean me... let the lurkers be they know no better... lets say I build an Alpine with a warp engine it is still an Alpine.. still has the lines we care for...am I missing something
  9. Jim E

Oh My

hhahahah yes indeed an LS powered anything with a turbo knockes an Alpine into a cocked hat... but Alpines are still fun
  10. Jim E

Oh My

of course did get silly when I went ten to one pistons and a giant cam with webers got worse gas mileage than Eric G. in his tiger... was great on top end just silly anywhere else
  11. Jim E

Oh My

Fellows... have to argue this... I have built mostly stock Alpines that will drive where ever you want to go... you just need to fix everything... and they did not leak... that is not a simple trick... but can be done... one of the most fun Alpines I ever had was a leaned on stock motor with...
  12. Jim E

Some like it hot!..So does my Alpine Mark V

You can replace the water pump but unless it is leaking my guess is it is working...
  13. Jim E

Merry Christmas

I want sausage sage stuffing then my christmas will be perfect
  14. Jim E

Some like it hot!..So does my Alpine Mark V

Then there is the busted block... water jacket under the carb/exh manifold
  15. Jim E

Isky SB5 Cam

Thinking if I wanted a cam would talk to Delta