• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jersey Alpine

1. J

15 alpines

Back in 2003 I ran into a fellow who at least 15 Alpines in various states of disrepair. Located about 15 miles W/NW of Richmond, VA. A retired Navy vet living in a trailer in the country. He had a large shop with two Alpines in good shape. Happy hunting! Jersey Alpine now in Chagrin...
  2. J

End of a 34-year love affair. Matilda needs a new owner.

It's will be sad day for the SAOCA when you no longer grace our club site with your words of Alpine wisdom. Big Bummer. When it's time to sell the Alpine, you may want to give the 2015 Mecum Auction in Harrisburg, PA a try next summer. The NOV Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car list a 1967 Lime...
  3. J

Turn Signal Switch

Same thing happened to mine five years ago and a dab of JB Weld locked it back together.
  4. J

Sunbeams at Indianapolis

Initially, I will attempt to create and send a PDF of the article as requested and in a few weeks decide on who gets the magazine. A freebie of course. Fourteen inches of snow - bad for the Alpine, great for snowshoeing. Have fun,
  5. J

Sunbeams at Indianapolis

For anyone interested in Sunbeam racing history, I ran across the January, 1983, Motor Sport issue that has an indepth, four page arcticle on "Sunbeams at Indianapolis." I'll be happy to mail you the article or magazine for free. Have fun, Jersey Alpine (Vlad)
  6. J

Rear brakes binding

A fantastic show with almost 300 cars, but nary an Alpine. Did I miss it?
  7. J

Need output fitting for SV Lucas FuelPump

Well, I looked at all the auto supply shops, hardware stores, lawn mower repair shops to no avail. Finally, got one from Rick. Many thanks to David, Steve and George for their input.:)
  8. J

Good to hear from you, Steve. Sent you an email.
  9. J

parts

Probably identical- not positively. Sent you an email. Thanks David.
  10. J

You are right it is an AC pump not Lucas. Also correct on the outlet fitting. Many thanks!
  11. J

Any chance that you have an output fitting for a SV Lucas Fuel pump?? Mine is unusable and 60º weather is on the way. Bummer. :mad:
  12. J

parts

Any chance that you have an output fitting for a SV Lucas Fuel pump?? Mine is unusable and 60º weather is on the way. Bummer.
  13. J

Shifting into overdrive

When downing shifting in OD, simply keep the accelerator pedal where it is and simultaneosly clutch in/out and shift. The split second delay between the clutch and the OD downshift, perfectly matches the rpm increase and results in a dead-smooth downshift, assuming the mph remains constant...
  14. J

New Jersey 4th of July Parade

Great to hear that you're showing the 'Beam in a parade and I wish that I could follow your lead, but I can't make it. Any chance that you can make the "Touch of England" show in Ho-ho-kus on SAT the 11th? They usually have two or three Alpines amidst a large herd of other "boots and bonnets".
  15. J

K&N air filter

My SV with a 32/36 is running a circular K&N that's 2" high that fits with no problem.