• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jeb Stuart

1. Jeb Stuart

Distributor install

I have found all the parts I need to replace those lost by UPS. Knuckleheads. Anyway I now need to install. Would someone please post simple instruction or a link to simple instructions. I would say I am terrible mechanic but that would be an insult to terrible mechanics everywhere. Thanks
  2. Jeb Stuart

Distributor and drive dog

Thanks for the pics.
  3. Jeb Stuart

Thanks!
  4. Jeb Stuart

Yes. Sent them together and lost them both. Are the S 1,2&3 all the same?
  5. Jeb Stuart

Saw that, thanks
  6. Jeb Stuart

I sent my distributor off to be rebuilt. UPS lost it. In a bad way. So can anyone give me info or a picture of the tach drive at the bottom of the distributor? I need to find another and need to know what I am looking for. Thanks
  7. Jeb Stuart

Distributor

Looking for a 25.D.4 distributor for a s3 alpine w the drive dog. I sent mine UPS to be rebuilt and UPS lost it. In a bad way. Thanks, Chris
  8. Jeb Stuart

Comment by 'Jeb Stuart' in media 'IMG_6184.jpeg'

MSW wheels. Yes, series 3
  9. IMG_6184.jpeg

IMG_6184.jpeg

10. IMG_6209.jpeg

IMG_6209.jpeg

11. Jeb Stuart

Weber manifold and stock headers

My sIV manifold is thicker than the stock s3 headers on the top outer most screws. Using a short bolt secures the manifold but not the headers. Using the long bolts from the stock s3 setup has the bolts a little at an angle. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.
  12. Jeb Stuart

Miss fire

63 s3 stock motor 32/34 Weber Pertronix Lucas coil. Running rough so replaced cap rotor wires and plugs. Still runs like crap. Pull the wires on 1 then 2 - runs the same. Thanks
  13. Jeb Stuart

Miss fire

Not firing on 1 & 2. Compression is 150 and 145. Tested the spark w an in-line spark checker and both have juice. Checked the plug gap. Spark plugs are new. Where from here? Thanks
  14. Jeb Stuart

generator bracket

I'll check with him. I don't see one in the catalog so figured they weren't available. Will swing by a machine shop tomorrow and see if, maybe, they'll make one for me. I am thinking it couldn't be that difficult for someone who does this for a living - and, of course, has the right tools...