• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by inline_eric

1. inline_eric

headlights lost….

Thanks guys for your help…I figured out the problem. It was a ground wire that came off. I reattached and I have lights again. Now if I can figure out the horn:confused: Thanks again, Eric
  2. inline_eric

headlights lost….

HI, I have a 67 series 5 and just did my monthly start up and warm up…going through the electricals I have found my headlights are not working…the running lights work but when I move the toggle to the third position the headlights don't come on…this is a new problem...for the lights...
  3. inline_eric

Super Minx Convertable

Nice original…I wonder if that is the original paint…looks like a good price, but I don't know much about the value of hillman cars.
  4. inline_eric

convertible top questions????

Yeah Mike, I replaced my straps because they would tear easily, probably a little stronger than a wet paper sack…I used some rubber flooring material from home depot (cut to the same dimensions) that on the underside resembled the straps…it looks good.
  5. inline_eric

softtop frame hinges and front beam

Try the user, "the ghoul"…he had one for sale about a month ago…you can see one of his ads under parts for sale titled: "turned dashes feeler…"
  6. inline_eric

'67 in Wisconsin

Yeah this car looks pretty good but the fact that they only acknowledge the mechanical condition is worrisome…ask about the rust…if it is solid, that car looks like a decent buy.
  7. inline_eric

Zenith Stromberg Carb leaking...

Stock fuel pump…I guess my problem is most likely the float levels and after reading the manual on this site…it looks like I will have to remove the carb because it appears to need to be inverted for adjustment. Too bad I didn't have a rotisserie setup then I could leave the carb on the...
  8. inline_eric

I have zenith stromberg CD 150...I wasn't aware I should be refering to them as strombergs...when I google "zenith stromberg cd 150" information of my carbs are all I get from my query. Sorry about the confusion...thats why I posted in factory original because these are the carbs I see on most...
  9. inline_eric

Ok guys...I have been looking into the source of my leak...there seems to be gas on the back side of my back carb...so I am thinking the gas is leaking through the float chamber gasket...The PO told me he had rebuilt both carbs and there are remnants of a rebuild kit, so I tend to believe him. I...
  10. inline_eric

I got the sunbeam going again today…just finished putting on a soft top that some guys have been helping me with in another thread…anyway I think the back carb it where my leak is…I really want to get the car out but the leak is bothering me, The PO said he rebuilt both carbs…and I have...
  11. inline_eric

convertible top questions????

Finally finished the top…because the material was 30+ years old, I ran into some problems (had to fix a tear I made)…but it was nice to go through the process…its not perfect but definitely doable….thanks for everyone who helped me…I really appreciate it. Eric
  12. inline_eric

Tiger clone in Portland, Oregon

Looks like this car is resurfacing in California...
  13. inline_eric

I think i am getting confused on what could be leaking...are we talking about the larger outer nut on the bottom of the carb because that is what I am talking about. Thanks, Eric
  14. inline_eric

So guys since I will be replacing the O-rings does that mean my adjustments will be out of whack afterwards? Or is there a way I can change the O-rings and keep it running the way it is? What I really need to do is learn more about these carbs...I am so used to Ford Autolites and Holleys...