• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by ImpBarn

1. ImpBarn

Any Imp owners in the club?

I've usually purchased my spares from Malcolm Anderson in the UK. http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk/ Malcolm is a good technical resource as well. For the more common parts like hydraulics, I've also purchased from Speedy Spares.
  2. ImpBarn

67 Sunbeam Imp - Michigan

Todd, do you have the seller's contact info? There's no answer to the craigslist reply email.
  3. ImpBarn

Any Imp owners in the club?

I've got a couple Imps. They're great fun. An acquaintance of mine is selling one on ebay presently. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Imp-Sunbeam-Imp-Mark-2-Deluxe-Hillman-Imp-/330671808986?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cfd9361da#ht_1349wt_1167
  4. ImpBarn

Series 3 Exhaust header "donut" gasket

NAPA part # 31365 seems to be the right size.
  5. ImpBarn

Series 3 Exhaust header "donut" gasket

I've got to replace the exhaust "donut" gasket on my Series 3. Its a 1-3/4" diameter on the inside of the donut. Anyone know a source for these from a modern car or equivalent? I heard somewhere that a '60 Ford Falcon uses a similar-size same donut, but I can't substantiate that. thanks,
  6. ImpBarn

Solid Hillman/Sunbeam Imp Wanted

There was a craigslist ad from Tampa a few weeks ago... 1966 Sunbeam Imp with Trailer - tampa bay craigslist Aug 15, 2011 ... 1966 Sunbeam Imp in Europe and the Caribbean they were sold as Hillman Imps. Nice Race Car Project. 4 wheel independent suspension. ...
  7. ImpBarn

Need oil pan please

Ouch. Hopefully there wasn't any other damage. I'll look at my stash at Tiger Toms and see what I've got. But it will be a week or so until I can look. There are some spares, but I don't know exactly what. email me if I forget.
  8. ImpBarn

Need insurance for my Sunbeam Alpine S-V

Not to badmouth any provider, but JC Taylor wouldn't do an agreed value on my Alpine. Hagerty would do an agreed value policy ... so they have all my business now and their website is great.
  9. ImpBarn

do one-man bleeder tools really work?

Don't use them on DOT 5. Otherwise, I don't see why not for conventional brake fluid. It seems an awful lot of money for a device that could be replaced with just having your buddy over and helping you bleed the brakes. You could pay him in beer and still be ahead.
  10. ImpBarn

Clutch Release Pivot pedestal height

I've decided to re-line the friction disc that I've got. BTW, Thor 1211... you should measure the axial travel of your crank. The WorkShop Manual specifies only a certain travel limit. If its over that with new thrust bearings, then you've got other wear. It can be done with just pulling...
  11. ImpBarn

Thanks, Bob. I may just give you a shout if we get stuck. The engine is completely out and the gearbox (10 spline input shaft) in pieces. I'll be a while putting it back together. It won't make the import show. Look forward to seeing you. -Eric
  12. ImpBarn

Yup, just as you said. Sunbeam Specialties is out of 7-1/2" discs and pressure plates. Sounds like a disc re-line and a search through the spares for the best stuff.
  13. ImpBarn

IMP on Ebay

Good thing there are no big hills in Texas. It does look like a YORK from the Borg-Warner days. Otherwise it looks like a solid Imp. I'd have it, but I've got too many cars already.
  14. ImpBarn

TT and I disassembled the Series 3 this weekend and discovered where the clutch noise was coming from. Apparently someone put a 7-1/2" clutch in it, presumably from a later series. Somehow the pivot is over-traveling and doesn't hit its target on the pressure plate in the center. The inside...
  15. ImpBarn

Craigslist ad - Alpine - York PA

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/2248751351.html This one has been listed before. I haven't seen it in person, but it doesn't look too bad. Just passing along in case anyone is looking for one...