• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Hodee

1. Hodee

Windshield install

Thanks for all the help. Windscreen is secure and quite parallel to the side windows. However, is there an adjustment to allow tilting the side lights (small windows) inbound or outbound? Hopefully, the photo shows the misalignment.
  2. Hodee

Windshield install

I got my glass/rubber surround and stainless trim installed. New dashpad with excess padding sanded down. Upon installation I can’t get the center to touch the body. It sits about a 1/4 inch above the body. Far right and left sides are ok with the new “adjustable nuts”. Should I back off all the...
  3. Hodee

Dash Pad Installation

I have finished installing the glass into the frame including all stainless trim with surprisingly good fit. I also installed the body to frame rubber strip under the screen. The new dashpad has also been “sanded to remove excess padding “. But…, when I set the screen to the body the center of...
  4. Hodee

Windscreen removal

Well, everything turned out great up to this point. I vinyl wrapped the two aluminum pieces on each end and also made a copy of the cardboard out of plexiglass. Wrapped the plexiglass as well and installed new rivets underneath. Surprisingly, the vent hole locations were very close to original...
  5. Hodee

Windscreen removal

I thinned out the front edge as described and used a brush on contact cement. I was sure to use a friend and did many dry fit attempts so we both knew our jobs. The dash went on well but possibly a bit off center . The holes for the vent plates may have to be tweaked. For the cardboard piece...
  6. Hodee

Windscreen removal

Got the dash loose and drilled the rivets to remove the cardboard. Now dry fitting the new dash for fitment. I have one of the later windscreens with the offset center stud that is about 1 inch toward the cab. I will trim the dash pad to mimic the original. “Has anyone ever installed the dash...
  7. Hodee

Windscreen removal

Thanks Jan. I certainly trust your evaluation of the job and your past experience. This is indeed my first attempt at the jobs described. I’m fairly patient,handy, meticulous and stubborn and not in any particular order. It’s just a daily driver, hopefully it comes out ok. Any hints on removing...
  8. Hodee

Windscreen removal

Do they sell replacements for the cardboard strips or should I fabricate them?
  9. Hodee

Windscreen removal

Well, I got the windscreen off and only had to remove the simple Rootes emblem out of the center of the dash. The only difficult nut was the center and I could see it through the dash emblem hole and a good light. A stubby wrench and a lengthy vocabulary got it off. Now my next question… Is...
  10. Hodee

Windscreen removal

I’m replacing my dash pad and windscreen rubbers etc. This is a Ser V. The four outer stud nuts came off easily. What are the tricks to reaching the others? Especially the very center nut. Do I have to be a gymnast and triple jointed? Thanks
  11. Hodee

rear gear 3.89

Thanks Bill, Texas is a long way to go for the United so i dont think I'l make it up. But you never know. Are you able to find out the ratio? And is it the entire pumpkin or just the ring gear?
  12. Hodee

rear gear 3.89

Thanks Tim. A great video. I'm assume that finding an entire "pumpkin" is much easier than changing the ring gear.
  13. Hodee

rear gear 3.89

Im wondering where I might source a 3.89 rear gear. Currently a late Ser V with a 4.22 . I know the drive shaft is a fine spline but not sure that matters which rear gear I use. Just to drop the highway rpms a bit. Im currently running very tall 15in tires which helps a lot. Just looking for a...
  14. Hodee

Series V 3.89 differential

Are these pads made for the Alpine specific, or are they ordered for fitting a different application like Capri etc... thanks
  15. Hodee

Stromberg gushing

You may be able to fix this leak with just a few dollars and minimal time. I had a similar leak and it was the o-rings on the needle. Unscrew the needle from the bottom of the bowl and see if the o rings are in bad shape. Replace with Viton orings of similar size. fuel will come out but prepare...