• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by hillmanhuskyguy

1. hillmanhuskyguy

1959 Hillman Husky, side windows

Sorry for the very late response, apologies. I'd love to find a set of Husky rear fenders... Drivetrain on my 60 is Lotus/Ford. Looking for the bulging rear fenders, like on Doug's Hemi Husky. See you in a few months. Cris
  2. hillmanhuskyguy

1959 Hillman Husky, side windows

Howdy, I'd be happy to take them off your hands. I'll be in the South Bay Area in August (for car week and the races!) Would you mind holding them. If not I could probably talk my nephew into doing a mini Hillman road trip.
  3. hillmanhuskyguy

Cleanest 'original paint' 1960 Husky on eBay.

1960 Hillman | eBay Way cleaner than mine, but mine's quicker. Cris in Colorado
  4. hillmanhuskyguy

Source for 'limited slip' ring and pinions (new).??

I just looked at (stalked??) your profile. Shoot your local, even I know where Arvada is.! Give me a shout via pm or whatnot once the weather gets warmer. Disclaimer: I won't be 'sharing a beer' with anyone until two weeks past my second Covid jab at the end of the month. ;-)) One more...
  5. hillmanhuskyguy

Sorry I missed your reply R. Racer. The engine is a Ford 'tall deck', so 1700 cc's + a few. The Ford tranny is out of my 60's English 'tube frame' hill climb car so we think that it has a really tall 1st gear. It had a shortened case tail section on it which allowed for an easier swap into the...
  6. hillmanhuskyguy

SUNI Sunbeams United International 2021 info

Howdy folks. Thought I'd bring this item back up as it's now 2021. I found out about this meet just a few days ago. Can anyone advise if it's a 'tentative go' at this point.? Hope so, need to get the hell out of the house. Stay safe, be well. Cris ps. I booked a room to have something to...
  7. hillmanhuskyguy

Humber Parts

Hi, probably peeing into the wind here, but you wouldn't by chance have a 'super snipe' logo.? I've always loved that name.....
  8. hillmanhuskyguy

Rear sway bar

Message replied to Warren. To RootesRacer, I'm already running a one inch sway-bar in the front on my Husky. This should compliment that nicely I hope. And if it doesn't fit, it'll be back up on this forum with a new owner name, mine vs. Warren. Cheers, Cris
  9. hillmanhuskyguy

Time for an update. Ald0n is installed, as is a set of 45 DCOE's, and the 40's are resting comfortably in a box. Also ordered a 'big-bore' 4-2-1 header from Tony Thompson racing in England. Car's running much better these days, 40's couldn't get dialed in to his liking. Also bought a stock...
  10. hillmanhuskyguy

Rear sway bar

Howdy Warren, if this is still hangin' around your place, let me know what your best price shipped to 80513 would be. Wondering if it'll bolt onto my Minx rear without too much thought (I'm running low on those!).
  11. hillmanhuskyguy

Sorry for the delay in responding to this post. The tranny is a Ford close ratio 4-speed single rail, shortened tail piece out of my U2-Mallock. My friend is quite the twin-cam guy and now has my car. He's suspecting it's a weber spring issue (internal), or perhaps something else with the...
  12. hillmanhuskyguy

Steering wheel and adapter

I'd love to put this on my Husky.! Let me know how much shipped to 80513, slow boat is fine. No hurries, no worries. Merry Christmas to me I reckon. Happy Holidays to all. Cris
  13. hillmanhuskyguy

I believe the gearing I'm running now is the 3.89. I think if I had a 4.22 I'd be dead nutz with less to overcome on initial take off.
  14. hillmanhuskyguy

Howdy from Colorado. Anyone have a source for replacement ring & pinions.? I've got the wrong rear end gearing currently in my Lotus powered Hillman Husky. Current rear is out of a Hillman Minx. Having a hard time on 1st gear starts. Gotta slide the clutch quite a bit with lots of revs...
  15. hillmanhuskyguy

Series I or II rear end wanted.

Thanks Bill & Don for the replies. Sorry I haven't replied sooner, managed to slip on some ice & screw my wrist up pretty good. Get to go see a surgeon, and it's the 'wiping hand' too so yeah. I've also been chasing an electrical demon on the wife's 1963 dodge townwagon. And trying to find a...