• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Hillman

1. H

2.8L V6 straight back header specs?

Does the left one line up with the stock X-frame passthru?
  2. H

Quickjack

Sounds like a typical 2-post lift. I like that. Thanks. It assures me that some Sunbeam owners will survive until they can't crawl under their cars.
  3. H

Quickjack

If the hydraulic rams that lift it are all that holds it up, you wouldn't find me under it without additional jack stands. But that's just me.
  4. H

WANTED: 2.8 V6 FORD (Cologne) Engine - for Canada friend

How do I make him an offer, although it's an unconventional one? I'm in Canada about 6 hours away.
  5. H

1964 SUNBEAM BRAKES - MASTER CYL

Does anyone know if the Courier MC will fit in a car with a V6 (Jose kit)?
  6. H

Windscreens from Moss Motors

What was your shipping cost. I tried to find it and it seems I ordered one without knowing shipping. Even looking at order, no shipping is mentioned.
  7. H

Brake and clutch pedals

If you're not into originality, Westwood has bolt in replacements
  8. H

Starter

When I was young (about 1970), I'd get someone to turn the key while I turned the crank (ya know that thing in the trunk that you can use to turn the engine). I got it to start at -20F easily.
  9. H

Christmas Present for Alpine Owner

Did you consider winter? I used to drive mine at -40.
  10. H

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wasn't Thanksgiving the second Monday in October? :)
  11. H

New bushings in front suspension

There is no need to remove the cross member. If you are using urethane bushings from SS check this thread. I did mine some years ago just removing the A-arms.
  12. H

Interesting Alpine

might clear the air cleaner on my v6?
  13. H

Starter problems - Solutions requested

I'd clean the connections on whatever part your wife tapped.
  14. H

TDC Question

The best way to find TDC is with a piston stop. I made one from by: knocking the porcelain out of an old spark plug welding a nut to the top grinding the bottom of a bolt that fits the nut smooth screw the modified plug into the spark plug hole on cyl 1 screw the bolt into the nut Then turn...