• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by greenbean

1. G

Horn Ring Finish (Chrome or Paint)

I actually found the Krylon High Temp BBQ paint to be a perfect match, well at least for my old eyes, lol.
  2. G

Cambria California drive

Great place Cambria, looks like you were staying at the Cambria Pines facility, they have great 3 day getaway packages that my wife and I have used many, many times --- free dinner, free breakfast and a bottle of wine to boot --- and we love the Moonstone Grill also!!! We drove up to Ragged...
  3. G

Lake Havasu, AZ any Members

I was just wondering if any of our wonderful members live in Lake Havasu, AZ as I have a vehicle there that I need to have "eyes-put-on" before I commit to buy. Russ (greenbean)
  4. G

Newbie with a '68 SV.

Wow you are talented and should be proud of yourself!!
  5. G

1960 Hillman Minx Series IIIB Drophead Coupe

Wow nice car, love the color:)
  6. G

Hub Puller

Not following this thread very close, but when I had to pull my SV rear hubs, Rick at SS loaned me his perfect rear hub puller for just the cost of shipping:)
  7. G

13 hands....

Absolutely wonderful story of truth!!!! God Bless America:)
  8. G

58 ford grill

Gives it an aggressive "shark" like look in my humble opinion. There are many puristists out there, but I kinda like it!!!
  9. G

Denise's V6 Engine

That looks like way to much fun to drive:), but I bet it will be an absolute blast once you get it all "tuned" in!!!
  10. G

Rear Spring Frame / Mounts

I thought there was someone at the so cal tiger club that sold a rebuild kit, you know already cut and ready to install --- might check there
  11. G

Door rubber fitment

I popped in one side and used a 3 inch wide putty knife that I rounded the corners on, so as not to tear the rubber, and and worked at popping it all in. In the tight areas I used a plastic tool, about 1/2 wide with a tapered side, that I had from installing the stainless steel trim into the...
  12. G

Early Alpine Wanted

The ones that AlpineKidz has for sale are First Class Restorations and anyone who loves early Alpines would have a car that they would be proud of just to drive or share at car shows. I have seen them all in person, and seen the work, and am thoroughly impressed!!!
  13. G

Shelby Tiger Prototype & Harrington LeMans commonality !?

That was thoroughly enjoyable to read and look at --- great stuff!!!
  14. G

Horn assembly

That rubber piece is interesting. I have had 2 alpines and neither one had a piece like that and my horn ring never spraked, even a little. Mmmmm, maybe some one else can chime in and discuss/explain more.
  15. G

Getting some attention from Classic Motorsports

I love seeing articles like that one. There are just so many variations of cars in the world it is hard to know them all!!! When I was in college and got board in the library, I would often look at a book call "World of Cars" IIRC just to see what all has been made:D