• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Gitnrusty

1. G

Gas Pedal/Brake Pedal Proximity

brake pedal clearance A year or two ago this issue was addressed and the recommendation was to move both brake and clutch pedal to the left an inch or so by bending the arm below the push rod pivot point. The discussion of safety convinced me that, done properly,it would not be creating a...
  2. G

Non-Level 2150 carb Float Adjustment

Non level Mike... If you have clearance with the hood closed perhaps you could fit a tapered shim below the carb. to level it out. Not sure if its available any more, but long ago Ford had a phenolic (plastic) spacer about 1/4 or 3/8 thick that fit between manifold and carb. as a heat...
  3. G

More 2.8 stuff

Rich. .......Your link to blogspot should be mandatory reading for anyone contemplating the v6 swap. Very informative. Well done!
  4. G

steering gear box unit "F" type

steering box My steering box is on the bench and disassembled so I just checked the indexing of the pitman arm. It can only be installed in four places and the three wrong ones would prevent the box being put on the car, so that rules out indexing being the source of your problem. Back to...
  5. G

'And the Fun Begins!'

coolant leak Hi Mike..... I noticed in the photos that your heads have not had the coolant passage modification done (that is the two holes drilled between the adjacent exhaust valves on each head). That doesn't address your current problem but worth considering when you put good heads...
  6. G

soft top

Can you even get a mohair top ready made ? Or would it have to be custom made. I only have experience with vinyl and not for Sunbeam. By the way. How are things in Chelmsford? I spent a little time there in the 1940/50s at my uncles grocery store. A few kid memories.
  7. G

Rear seal on release

removing transmission seal Using a slide hammer at four or five points around the circle and using finesse rather than brute force has always worked for me. Once you get an eighth inch of movement the rest is easy but if its really stubborn it may take more holes (points of attack)!
  8. G

Happy 2016 SAOCA

New Board Many thanks to all who stepped up and volunteered to take the housekeeping job at SAOCA. It is a great site and I have confidence that it will continue to be.
  9. G

Increasing brake light visibility

brake light visibility To address your 4th option, a third brake light. Somebody on this site ( or the British V8 website) added magnets to a light to stick above the trunk lid when driving, thus highly visible, but removable by passing it and attached wiring down into the trunk when at a...
  10. G

2.8 v6 conversion questions

fuel pump block off plate. Hi Mike.... To answer your question #3. Its really not necessary to go to the trouble of making a block off plate and gasket. A standard metric 20mm cup freeze plug driven into that hole in the block will provide a quick and neat plug. There is no oil pressure to...
  11. G

windshield for sale

Do you have a dollar figure in mind ?
  12. G

Happy birthday Jose!

happy birthday. Hi there Jose.!.... Wishing you all the best for clicking off another year. Hope to see you again when you next get to sunny California.::cool:........Renault???????....
  13. G

What's this bolt from auto-transmission?

Looking at the head of this piece made me think of a rivet, like at the end of a band attachment, but the appearance of threads in photo #2 ???. I guess I don't know . Sorry :confused:
  14. G

Happy Birthday!

No engine Fred Flintstone don't need no dang engine! Happy birthday.:D
  15. G

R&R choke plate on 390CFM Holley 0-8007

Choke plate A little off topic I'm afraid, but in the photo of your engine compartment is the upper radiator hose that looks like a perfect fit for the 2.8 conversion. Would you have the brand and part number for that hose? If you could post same it would save me some parts hunting. Thanks.