• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by George Farrell

1. G

Happy B-Day!

Thanks, Jose. It will get to 32-degrees this weekend, was -18 a couple days ago. The Alpine is running great, but still lots of refinements to be made. Maybe when the temp gets around freezing, I will get a items of the to-do list.
  2. G

Minnesota Scottish Fair and Highland Games

Jack sold his Imp and had a Corvair, the last I heard. George
  3. G

Successful 2182 mile rally despite exhaust valve losing clearance!

I'll bet on the valve seats. A few years back after driving from Minneapolis to the Invasion in Dayton, OH, I went on to Chattanooga and then to Kansas City before heading home. About 1500, mostly high speed miles into the 2300 mile trip, I experienced the same symptoms. My 1725 had been...
  4. G

Inexpensive shocks for V6?

I just put a pair or Gabriel 69606 rear shocks for a '68 Camaro on the rear of my Series V (V-6). So far they seem fine. About $50 @ AutoZone. George
  5. G

Hardened keys

Thanks Kelly, the keys came yesterday and are installed and I'm back on the road. The part number I gave in an earlier post for the Caterpillar keys is definitely wrong. The ones you sent fit perfectly. Thanks again George
  6. G

Hardened keys

I pulled my rear hubs thinking it would be easy to find hardened replacements. I was told that Caterpillar #1B8740 would work, but from what I can find this is not hardened. Does anyone know if this is correct? I have a pair of keys that have a spec of HRB80. Are they anywhere near...
  7. G

Series V Right Front Spindle and Hub

Th.anks Gary, thanks for posting this request for me while I was playing plumber! Mike at Hanover European provided a hub and another hub and two spindles are coming from a SAOCA member I had called. Mike has a pole barn full of Sunbeam and other old British and SAAB parts. It would be fun...
  8. G

Anyone driving through St. Louis Thursday?

Hey Jim Paul A and I are in Hannibal tonight and will hit the road around 7:00, maybe you call in sick and join us! George
  9. G

Door Sill Cardboard

Thanks Tony, funny world that aluminum is more readily available than cardborard! Can anyone describe the rough dimensions and shape of the panel? Geolrge
  10. G

Door Sill Cardboard

I'm trying to install the carpet in my project V-6 Series V and have learned that there is supposed to be cardboard strips along the door sills to eliminate sharp bends of the carpet. My car is missing these, does anyone have a photo of what they shold look like or maybe describe exactly where...
  11. G

Steering box rebuilding

Todd I have a box that needs a re-build and would find a tech session really helpful George
  12. G

Jay Leno

Guys Check out Jay Leno's Garage! http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/ George
  13. G

Battery box....Tool box.

Great idea! When I modified the box for the exhaust pipe on my v-6. I made a "secret compartment" to store a spare key and whatever. Now if I could only find my spare key. George
  14. G

Bubbles in Fuel Pump Bowl (was "Rebuild fuel pump in place?")

Jim How about running a rubber hose to a small gas can to eliminate all the possibilities along the fuel line and tanks? George
  15. G

Strap for Convertible Top Frame

Robbie, thanks. So then it is one piece and runs under the bows? George