• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by gdive

1. G

Which 2.8 alternator?

electric power brakes I did some custom work but got a system from abspowerbrake.com working. One mistake I made was using DOT 5 fluid....will never do that again! DOT 5 ate up the master and got some mold growing in it after sitting still for several months. Anyway, am happy with the...
  2. G

Electric fans and the V6

relays I went through two relays before going manual about 2006, each of them burning out and both were Bosch heavy duty. The current inrush of the fans blew the relay out after so many cycles. I got tired of watching the temp go up with no means of correcting the problem while I am driving! So...
  3. G

Which 2.8 alternator?

aftermarket option I used a small high output alternator to replace the GM one wire one I put in a long time ago. I have around 24-25A at idle which I love since it runs the fans and high spark Mallory ignition and electric brake booster. Plus it is much smaller than the GM one and easier to...
  4. G

Electric fans and the V6

manual fan control I went the relay route when I first did the fans in 2003. With two fans it became a pretty fat load and always blew fuses when at idle since the alternator could not handle the current at low RPM. Last year I put in a small, high current at idle alternator and just ran the...
  5. G

Horn Relay

horn I put a universal horn button in the right hole of the column collar, where the O/D would normally go. I don't have that so used the spot. My wheel button was intermittent all the time. I bought new horns, ran new wires, works great and you can use whatever horn you want. Also replaced the...
  6. G

TOM HAYDEN - Need your help

tach At one point 15 years ago I looked into this and bought the computer interface and software (DOS-based and DB9 serial at that time) and did the recal myself. I still have those items but heck who can use them now! It worked fine for many years until I switched to Mallory ignition. Then I...
  7. G

Ford V6- which Electric Fuel Pump Brand/Model?

pump I went through several pumps in the 12 years the car had a V6. My latest installation was the Edelbrock 1791 in the battery well. My battery is in the trunk and it was easy to reroute the gas line into the box. It works well but is pricey.
  8. G

Valve Covers for Ford (Cologne) 2.8 V6 Group Buy....

covers Wow, I just read some of this. I found this guy on ebay quite a few years ago, based in Ireland. I had him make me a set for my V6 which came out really nice. They were on the car when I drove down to a South California gathering with Jose, I think in 2013. Nobody even commented on them...
  9. G

66 Alpine for sale

After 30 years, I have decided it is time to let someone else have my 66 Alpine. In early 2000 I did the Jose V6 mod to it along with auto trans. Since then I have done custom 8" Ford axle and rear disc with electric boost brakes. The body is very straight and paint is great condition other than...
  10. G

New Dual Master Cylinder?

Hi racer. Back in the 80s I adapted a stock 70s Ford non-power MC to my Alpine firewall and it worked fine. At the time I had stock disc on the front and drum on the back. I ran one port to the original booster and used it for the front and the other port connected directly to the line that went...
  11. G

MSD 6AL and Duraspark Distributor

A4ld Hi PC, you can email me if you want some specifics on getting it to fit. I had Jose's fab guy custom make me a bracket. It needed a little tweaking once I got it from him, but I let him know the changes so if he still has the specs he can maybe make one for yours. My email is greggalvin66...
  12. G

Duraspark journey

Duraspark I just posted on the other distributor thread also. I can send pictures of how I mounted my Mallory Hyfire module and coil. I had to make some brackets. A side note is that your factory tach will not work with this setup. It may work for a very short time that crap out using either...
  13. G

MSD 6AL and Duraspark Distributor

ignition Howdy everyone. I went through some pain with upgrading the ignition. After much research and a little discussion with Jose, I chose to keep the Ford distributor. But I did upgrade to the Mallory Hfire and put in Magnecor wires, http://www.alamomotorsports.com/Magnecor/mag_ford.html...
  14. G

Dark Side Mustang II Rear Disc Brake Swap

rear disc Howdy. I have not been on for quite a while but was looking back at threads and wanted to reply. I put a custom Currie axle in my S5, then put disc on it from a kit that uses GM rotors and calipers. It took a little futsing as nothing is plug and play, but where would the fun come in...
  15. G

V6 Jose in Hospital

Jose, glad to hear you are up and around. I will upload some pictures from the Mayday party at Kelly's showing some of all the folks you have helped, and their proverbial works of love. I was glad I made it there to see you after a decade since meeting you the first time, when I was honored with...