• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by ForzaDesign

1. ForzaDesign

clutch wont bleed

Well its been 4 years and I am finally stumped. Last week my clutch stopped working. Noticed fluid coming from the slave. So I decided to rebuild both the master and slave. Got the kits from SS. Disassembled, bores look great, and did the 15 minute reassemble. Did a bench bleed to make sure...
  2. ForzaDesign

Durite solenoid switch

has anyone used the Durite 033501 solenoid switch? Thanks, Jim
  3. ForzaDesign

Hitachi alternator w/ dual Spal fans

Hitachi 14231 output voltage I've been driving the SV with the Hitachi 14231 for about 100 miles now. I've installed a smiths voltmeter where the ammeter goes. At 3000rpm meter is pegged at 16V. Has anyone seen this issue? Thanks, Jim
  4. ForzaDesign

Solenoid for OD

Hi Tom, Continuing on my diagnosis of the OD not engaging. Can you check the solenoid when removed from the car? It is my understand that the solenoid will engage even if the plunger is removed. Is this correct? When you replaced the solenoid, did you just lower the tranny a bit to access...
  5. ForzaDesign

alternator

Just a note, this thread should be in the modified section......agreed? Here is my update. To clarify i am using dual spal 9" puller fans mounted between the radiator and the waterpump pulley. The temp sender is a Derale probe type that pushes through the radiator fins. Its a 185° type...
  6. ForzaDesign

Hitachi alternator w/ dual Spal fans

Guys, As usual great input. I would agree that the alternator output will vary with speed. I would have to see the power curves to determine the actual output. It is a tough nut though. We actually need the maximum fan output at idle. I cant remember ever seeing elevated temps when driving over...
  7. ForzaDesign

alternator

Guys, As usual great input. I would agree that the alternator output will vary with speed. I would have to see the power curves to determine the actual output. It is a tough nut though. We actually need the maximum fan output at idle. I cant remember ever seeing evelated temps when driving over...
  8. ForzaDesign

Maximun 15" rim and tire size without rubbing and mods?

Panasport Ken, I just bought a set of 15X6 22MM offset Panasport wheels from Dales. The maximum tire size i found that will comfortably fit is 175 50 15. Problem is rubbing in the front fender while hard turning.
  9. ForzaDesign

alternator

Spal dual fans w/ hitachi 14231 alternator Team, Just completed the upgrade to the Hitachi 14231 35A alternator. Quite simple works like a charm. Made a new adjuster arm and modified the mounting bracket on the engine with slots. Even used the factory standoff on the pivot end of the adjuster...
  10. ForzaDesign

gas tank color

my original SV is black
  11. ForzaDesign

2 available alpines

Motohed, I am in Temecula area. can you please send me some pics asap? thanks,
  12. ForzaDesign

electric fan installation

George, I also ended up finding the probe type from Derale. I will not be using the controller. I am going to attempt to run it using the SPAL relays. I will posts some pics of the installation. I am making an asserted effort to be as least invasive as possible.
  13. ForzaDesign

electric fan installation

Hello team, I finally made the decision to convert the SV to electric fans. After my trip to Vegas last month worrying about sitting at idle. I purchased a pair of SPAL 9" pullers. Great kit with all the harnesses. My only obstacle now is what to do for a temp switch. The one I ordered is a...
  14. ForzaDesign

Voltage Stabilizer

Hello Tom, How have you been? Long time no hear. Your PM is full! I was just doing some testing on my voltage stabilizer. At 13.5V input, i never see output higher that 9.5V. I know this is not totally accurate with a digital meter. Have you successfully built a solid state version? Cant the...
  15. ForzaDesign

1966 Series V for sale

Phyman What part of Riverside county are you located? I might be interested. I'm in Temecula area.