• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Five Reviver

1. F

Harland Sharp Roller Rocker Arms

I bought a set in 2022 from Classic Car Performance. They did come with adjusters. We didn't check the ratio, Just fitted and ran them. We used solid tubes cut to fit instead of the spring spacers. And yes, happy with them. Engine seemed to rev more freely and smoothly. (Perhaps it was just...
  2. F

Talbot Style Mirrors

And you can get them in flat or convex
  3. F

Talbot Style Mirrors

These are the ones Sunbeam Specialties sells. Also available direct from Tex. I have them; adjustability is ample
  4. F

Head flow test results

After a long wait I got a call today advising that machining for my long rod engine is about to occur and the head rebuild too with larger valves as suggested by Jerry’s flow testing. The last piece of the head puzzle (to the limit of what I’m doing anyway) has not been resolved though. It’s...
  5. F

STRAIGHT SWAP FLAT TOPS

Oliver, yes, JP certainly do them. You can buy them direct (Nornda Automotive) or through autosurplus.com.au. Photos on Messenger David
  6. F

Lightweight Flywheels, NOT just for Race cars anymore.

There’s one more thing to remember if you instal one of these fabulous flywheels: every time you start the car, it reminds you it’s there by ringing like a bell.
  7. F

Zero if I remember correctly
  8. F

This is the (steel) one which TTV Racing sell to match 1725 OEM fitment - no change to std clutch. 3.6kg - it’s less than half the weight of a lightened OEM. I can tell you it drives in traffic with no negatives and the positives are a revelation. You just won’t believe the change to the...
  9. F

Weber 40 DCOE mods for more flow

DW I took out heaps of metal from the intake port. As to REVer, this Alpine keeps teaching me that it takes a lot of reviving to enable the revving, which in turn leads to more reviving. A nasty little circle!
  10. F

Sorry DW I haven’t been able to but for consolation here’s the latest 40/45 DCOE comparison video from Penguin Motors
  11. F

I’ve checked and those measurements match my Weber 45’s
  12. F

Which Is Best? Ford Pinto Carb Edition - 32/36 DGAV Vs 40/45 DCOE Weber - YouTube This video is on point. Test man says, in relation to the 45's 'the big carbs pull through' and 'let the engine rev on better'. I was not happy with my engine feeling asthmatic at the top end with DCOE 40's and...
  13. F

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

I have roof reno on the list. A pair for me please. David