• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Doggitz

1. D

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

I found a fellow in Santa Mariam, Calif who was highly recommended on the Rambler forum (I found that by accident) The place is called Industrial Radiator Repair. I called and he seemed very knowledgeable. I drove the tank up to him (that's about a 200 mile drive)., His facility was fuill of...
  2. D

Battery Wiring

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I am formulating a plan. Steve - I have harness. I will give you a call Thanks Fred
  3. D

Battery Wiring

I could use some help. I need help with the original battery wiring in an SII. I'm looking for practicality, not necessarily historic correctness. Some owner before me ran 6 ga jumper cable between the battery box and the engine. He cut off the large alligator clamps and attached standard...
  4. D

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

Bill I looked around the web on a few other forums. On the Rambler forum (and we thought Sunbeams were rare), I found reference to a radiator shop in Santa Maria (just about half way between us). I called this morning and very much liked what I was told. The shop is a small business, run by a...
  5. D

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

Mike Thanks for your thoughts. The ReNu people near me drill holes and the TIG weld them closed. If the holes are closed properly, is that a problem? Fred
  6. D

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

Thanks everyone. RedKote and POR seem to be leading the pack. I have not seen any recent favorable responses for ReNu, so I am shying away from it. I will keep you all posted on what I do and what the results are. Fred
  7. D

Gas Tank Repair/Sealant

I was able to locate a gas tank for my SII (thanks to Sunbeam Specialties in Campbell, Ca). It is a little rough, but appears uesearble with no large holes or burrowing rust spots. I have been searching the web for gas tank repair/sealers and have found a few possibilities including RedKote and...
  8. D

Series II Replacement Fuel Tank

I have an SII that someone buggered by removing the fuel tank and inserting what looks like a Summit racing fuel cell. I saw a post in this forum that the Commer van uses the same fuel tank, and that there is someone out there that builds them. Perhaps I missed it, but I could not find the...
  9. D

Series II FUEL TANK

HI EVERYONE I have a Series II, with a fiberglass fuel tank that is suspended by straps from the bottom. The fuel sender is made by "ISSPRO" and quit working. When I removed the sender, I found that it was held in place a goofy plastic ring. I did a web search trying to find pictures of the...
  10. D

Alpine Manual Windscreen Washer

Thanks for the info
  11. D

Thanks for the response. The high beam switch is also present, so I think this is for the washer. Looking at the link for the washer bulbs, that is almost exactly what mine looks like. Thanks
  12. D

Hello, everyone! I bought a S2 1962 Alpine, which seems mechanically solid and runs nicely. My body shop friend has his eye on a few fixes, but it seems to be relatively free of a big rust burden. I am trying to undo years of prior owners hacks and botched wiring jobs. If I pulled out all of...