• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by DenJr67

1. DenJr67

series 5 replacement radiator

The fitting on the top tank is a npt fitting , for use with a standard thread npt fitting versus the bspp thread in the factory thermostat housing. I plugged the fitting in the radiator with a pipe plug , i also retapped my thermostat housing to accept an npt fitting for our autometer temp...
  2. DenJr67

series 5 replacement radiator

I have had a few guys ask me about my replacement radiator installed into out series 5 Alpine Here is the deal , our stock radiator had a minor leak , Wizard Radiator has a drop in aluminum replacement unit. They offer it in two core sizes 2" and 3". The 2" is the one we want , the 3" will...
  3. DenJr67

series 5 parts - misc and radiator

Thanks guys for your patience 1 - George - I will PM you on the radiator - one guy has PM'ed me on it already 2 - DanR - has dibs on the weatherstrip - i will PM you on payment/shipping 3- CRBASIN - our car had manual brakes - I do not have any servo or power brake parts 4-Socal -PM...
  4. DenJr67

The body gaskets have been spoken for , the only parts i really want any $$ for is the weatherstrips to the door/glass because they are new 8$ + ship If you think you want something let me know and send me enough to cover shipping + 5$ , to cover my fuel to the post office. I am trying to give...
  5. DenJr67

thread may be deleted These parts are no longer available - all have been shipped
  6. DenJr67

stainless steel bumprers

we have the stainless bumpers on our series 5 (I have a recent post) it took lots of fiddling with the brackets (cutting , bending, welding and grinding) to get them to fit nice they look great but are only cosmetic , I wouldn't even push on them to roll the car around , they bend much...
  7. DenJr67

Thanks ! Pics of our 'finished' series 5 !!!

another view before I installed the emblems ...
  8. DenJr67

Thanks ! Pics of our 'finished' series 5 !!!

Thank you SAOCA !
  9. DenJr67

Dash / Cubby / lower pad help - PICS inside

Barrel nuts !! similar to the 'nuts' that hold the cowl vents in is suppose , Thank you !
  10. DenJr67

Thank you very much ! At first I tried to install the cubby from behind and didn't realize how tough it would be to clip it together to the surround. I riveted the L brackets to the cubby to eliminate a screw and nut and then I installed the surround with those clips. I tried to...
  11. DenJr67

ok , I went back into the shop after my posting of panic here all I need is advice on the cubby mounting and hardware , the cubby has steel inserts for screws and these L brackets I have are mounted with fine thread screws with nuts on the inside (visible side) of the cubby also I have 3...
  12. DenJr67

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out wither or not I have the factory mounting hardware. I think I am being thrown off by somebody's previous hacking and drilling of the factory welded bracket under the right hand of the dash The cubby box mounting and 'L' brackets , do they fit...
  13. DenJr67

Wilwood Clutch Master Line adapter

Following ... I am in the same boat with a wilwood master on order , planning on a braided line to the slave
  14. DenJr67

Clutch Master Replacement (Non-stock)

I am diving in headfirst and just ordered the Wilwood 260-2636 the only problem I forsee is that the outlet of the Wilwood is going to have the 3/8"-24 inverted flare fitting for the 3/16 brake line and the slave cylinder has a 7/16"-20 for 1/4' line with a bubble flare and I have no solution...
  15. DenJr67

steering wheel / driver seat offset ? how much originally ?

I have a question for those of you with the Original Sunbeam seats ? estimate please ? how much, if any, is the Original driver seat offset in relation to the center of the steering shaft ? from my measurements based off of the seat mounting holes it appears it may be that the seat centerline...