• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by DanR

1. DanR

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

I have also fab'd the "slider" for the hood pull (release rod).
  2. DanR

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

I had a bunch made about ten years ago out of stainless steel. Just made another order for 100 more Monday morning. If I knew others were interested in fab'n them I would have passed on having more made. Looks like there will be plenty available soon, DanR
  3. DanR

Steering gearbox Welch plug

Indexing is not an issue except for the upper outter column for the alignment of the two (2) piece Cowling. The upper outter column has a little oblong raise the is weldedd on to guide the cowling. Take a careful look and you will see what I am referring too.
  4. DanR

Boot weatherstripping

Just replace the old stuff....
  5. DanR

Bumper bolt issue

If you are extremely fortunate go with the helicoil first. Hope you don't break the threaded nut loose. I have done that, not wanting to do that again.
  6. DanR

And YES, the shafts are hollow. I have made some "pins" that are the same OD as the ID of the hollow shaft. Which can be utilized to lengthen your "short shaft". Just make sure your joint is true before and after welding them together.
  7. DanR

Yes!
  8. DanR

Boot weatherstripping

I must be the lucky one.... No fumes or odors with or without the hard top. Only rarely a whiff of exhaust with no top
  9. DanR

What Data is available for Frame Straightening?

It surely helps! Made my Day! I remember seeing this years ago, but for some reason I could not find it.
  10. DanR

Before you use the old one...... What is the length for the sawed off one ? I may have a solution.
  11. DanR

What Data is available for Frame Straightening?

I am looking for some data for the Sunbeam Alpine (SV) for straightening the right rear frame. I am in possession of Bill Blues Orange SV Alpine. He was hit from the right rear just behind the wheel. Damage was IMO slight. With the Alpine on a level, flat surface, measuring from the bumper...
  12. DanR

James, If your first PIC is showing a "hole" the Welch hole as you call it is where the inner bearing race is supposed to be secured for the worm gear to "ride". Just any ole plug is niot going to work. Most likely the steering box is not going to be serviceable unless you re-install a bearing...
  13. DanR

Heater Valve

I saw Shannon's "New" valve at the British Car Show in Columbia, SC last week. It looks like it is well made and appears to be more than adequate. Definite not original looking. But, I plan to purchase one. P.S. While replacing a leaky one on Blue Boy a few weeks ago, I discovered a...
  14. DanR

V6 Bell Housing

The threads in the V6 are all metric. You probably should plan to buy a small metric tap and die set because it is a worthy investment. Most if not all of the bolts and holes will need to be cleaned. The metric kits usually will cover all of your metric needs such as 6, 7, 8, 10, & 12 mm taps...
  15. DanR

Boot weatherstripping

Here are the metal panels/pieces for the ST style Alpines with the soft tops. The GT (without the soft top) is different