• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Cobralee1

1. C

Engine/trans removal (out the bottom)

Pulling the V8 Out I purchased a '66 Sunbeam with a Buick 215 V8. We had no choice but to pull it from the top since the crossmember was welded in place. We pulled the motor and trans out together...very tight but managed to get it out. Prior to reinstalling the motor and trans, we did do...
  2. C

Hurst Linkage for T5

I'm looking for a new linkage for my T5 trans. Naturally I always look at Hurst, but there's a model out there by Core Shifters that uses some internal Hurst components, no lock-out nuts needed, etc. It's also less expensive. Anyone have experience with the Core Shifters or have...
  3. C

Momo Steering Wheel

Thanks for your input. I'll look into the Mota Lita adapter and check out their steering wheels as well as if it'll fit other brands, i.e. Momo, Le Carra, etc. Ron
  4. C

Momo Steering Wheel

I have a Momo steering wheel that I'd like to put on my '66 Sunbeam...does anyone know if there's an adapter available and where one can be found? Talking to shops that deal with steering wheels, they tell me that Mota Lita is the only source I have for steering wheels and adapters...
  5. C

15x6 and 15x7 wheels ?

Rota Wheels Can I ask how much these Rota wheels cost...no tires....they look great. I'm looking for a set of 14 x6 for my Alpine. Thanks, Ron
  6. C

Looking for Wheels

Can anyone give me some information on where I can pick up a set of 4 new or good used minilite type wheels for my Sunbeam...Panasport or GB wheels at a good price? I'm looking for size 14x6. Thanks, Ron
  7. C

Pulling V8 and Trans Out

Pulling the V8 Out Thanks for the helpful tips. We'll start this weekend and will provide how the progress is going. Ron
  8. C

Pulling V8 and Trans Out

Pulling the V8 Out Thanks Billm for the information. That seems to be the most common mode to pull the motor out.
  9. C

Series V Bumper Brackets and Grill

Bumper and Grill Wanted Thanks for the input...I'll check with SS for these parts. Ron
  10. C

Pulling V8 and Trans Out

Pulling the V8 out Thanks Michael for the information. The Youtube was very helpful. Ron
  11. C

Series V Bumper Brackets and Grill

I'm looking for bumper brackets for front and rear for a 1966 Sunbeam along with a front grill for the same
  12. C

Pulling V8 and Trans Out

Can I get some help on whether or not I'm able to pull the V8 and trans out of the Tiger from the top? I've heard stories where it might have to come out of the bottom instead. Thanks
  13. C

66 Faux Tiger

New Owner of Alpine Although red is my favorite color on cars, I've decided to keep the Alpine a dark blue, but may change the shade a bit. As for the interior, black seems to be the basic and most common interior color, but I may want to go to a tan interior, which I think is a great...
  14. C

66 Faux Tiger

New Owner of the Faux Tiger Hello Everyone- I haven't received the Alpine as yet but expect to this weekend or early next week. My original intent was to find an Alpine in a fairly stock fashion, then install my 350 Chevy and Muncie 4 speed which I've had looking for a project to install it...