• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by chubby

1. C

Uprated front brakes

Any idea if 14” mini lite would fit?
  2. C

Front Suspension

Hello Barry, Thank you, I was hoping Wilwood would have one for the Alpine on 14” wheels. Regards Randall
  3. C

Front Suspension

How did you get those wilwood calipers to fit? Regards Chubby
  4. C

Clutch - Double Step to engage

Thanks, hope that’s the problem.
  5. C

Yes, I shall investigate as both are only 2 yrs old. Thanks. Randall
  6. C

On closer examination of the clutch fluid - looks a milky brown, so I am first going to bleed and replace the fluid and see if that helps. Thanks Gents, much Appreciated. Randall
  7. C

I meant having to step on the pedal twice in quick succession, like on a foot pump.
  8. C

Alloy Oil Pan /Sump

May I have the template for the baffle please.
  9. C

It’s a S IV, had it for 4 years. The O/D gearbox was fitted right after I got the car. I would call it a rolling restoration, the clutch master and slave were fitted a couple of years back, the symptoms only started over the last few drives. The car is only driven several weekends a year, I...
  10. C

Thank you, I will do as suggested.
  11. C

Just been told it could be the moly-slip in my oil, apparently it ruins the O/D .
  12. C

Travel feels like 1/4 to 1/3 the way. No problem balancing it on a slope, I can hold still or creep forward or roll-back quite easily. Hope this helps. Randall
  13. C

The gearbox was from Jeff Howarth and it’s only a couple hundred miles since install, so I hope it’s something less serious like trapped air or the like.
  14. C

Thanks gents, will try it once I get the chance. It was working fine previously so I do hope is not botched installation. Randall
  15. C

i sometimes need to ‘pump’ twice on the clutch pedal before I can engage a gear. The clutch fluid remains full, so I do not think there is any leak. What could cause this, and how can I fix it. Thanks. Randall